GPU NEWS Channel

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
AMD Radeon R9 285 Features 1,792 Stream Processors | techPowerUp

AMD Radeon R9 285 Clock Speeds and Pricing Revealed | techPowerUp

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
What I'm looking for is some actual power consumption figures as it's based on the Tonga architecture ... I've some huge expectations from it ;) Anyway, here goes the first card :
ASUS Radeon R9 285 Strix Graphics Card

chris

In the zone
NVIDIA to skip GeForce 800 series, GeForce GTX 980 and GTX 970 mid-September

Only at VC: NVIDIA to skip GeForce 800 series, GeForce GTX 980 and GTX 970 mid-September | VideoCardz.com

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here's an interesting article :
The Past, Present, and Future of the GPU According to Nvidia and AMD - GameSpot

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Only Specific Radeon GPUs Will Work With AMD FreeSync Monitors

AMD Launches Tonga Powered Radeon R9 285 Graphics Card - Performance On Par With Radeon R9 280X At $249 US

i think this card should have been out at least 6 months ago, I cant really comment on its success/failure since its placed at a very narrow price-point gap bewteen r9-280 and r9 280x, also in performance, and announced officially to take out a timeworn, exceedingly popular card which is already been used to half-death.

amjath

Human Spambot
Only Specific Radeon GPUs Will Work With AMD FreeSync Monitors

AMD Launches Tonga Powered Radeon R9 285 Graphics Card - Performance On Par With Radeon R9 280X At $249 US

i think this card should have been out at least 6 months ago, I cant really comment on its success/failure since its placed at a very narrow price-point gap bewteen r9-280 and r9 280x, also in performance, and announced officially to take out a timeworn, exceedingly popular card which is already been used to half-death.

I mentioned previously that the total cost of FreeSync is around $10 but that is the MSRP and the AIBs are completely free to charge you any amount of premium they want.
so which monitor are all free sync enabled monitors

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good news :D $25 price premium for lower power consumption and ~10% better performance is justified enough.

Makx

Game on
Radeon R9 295 X2 gets a $500 price cut to $999 - The Tech Report
PowerColor Radeon R9 295x2 8GB - Rs. 60,209.40

Last edited:

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
NVIDIA Maxwell Geforce GTX 970 Specs Leak Out - 1664 CUDA Cores, 1Ghz+ Clock and 4GB GDDR5 At

Galaxy GeForce GTX 970 GC pictured | VideoCardz.com

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
NVIDIA Maxwell GeForce GTX 980 and GeForce GTX 970 Performance Numbers Leaked - GTX 980 15% Faster Than R9 290X, GTX 970 10% Faster Than R9 290

The wait is almost over.

Top Bottom