GPU NEWS Channel

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
^^ nopes it does not have SLI support. This is clearly bottom of the barrel maxwell :D , but superb performance for a card with that low 60 watt, ideal for mini ITX.

flyingcow

Shibe
the price seems good to me..
Zotac GTX 750 ti 2gb ddr5 available for 12700 rs (mdcomp)
Zotac GTX 750 1gb ddr5 available for 10000 rs (mdcomp)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't get dragged into the never ending feud between Nvidia and AMD / ATI. While buying / suggesting make an informed decision [ I think we all do ] based on your preference and facts. If others don't agree with you don't be bothered : Majority can't be always right ;) Anyway, stop the offtopic discussion here and if any of you are planning to make a 60k dream rig go to some other thread / section. Simply this is not the place.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Avoid off-topic. One silly post which actually called for a reaction, the whole thread got derailed.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
the advent of 750/750TI is certainly a very good thing,
due to this there would be some serious price cuts from AMD (and its so low already) not for current but the next generation cards and they'd be forced to make leaner and cooler cards too.
competition is good.

just see how far Nvidia has come from the power hungry laggards of the Fermi GTX 4XX series to the Maxwell series (750,750ti,780ti) although the pricing are not too great, all except 750,750ti.

if at all anything, AMD takes its price and power crowns seriously.

Things like best GPU below 75 watts, 150 watts
best GPU below 100$,150$,200$ etc you get the picture

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
the advent of 750/750TI is certainly a very good thing,
due to this there would be some serious price cuts from AMD (and its so low already) not for current but the next generation cards and they'd be forced to make leaner and cooler cards too.
competition is good.

just see how far Nvidia has come from the power hungry laggards of the Fermi GTX 4XX series to the Maxwell series (750,750ti,780ti) although the pricing are not too great, all except 750,750ti.

if at all anything, AMD takes its price and power crowns seriously.

Things like best GPU below 75 watts, 150 watts
best GPU below 100$,150$,200$ etc you get the picture

It's already been done, R7 265 is coming in stores next week at the same price of 750Ti and with an additional 15-20% performance and with matching power consumption. Similarly, the 260X has been dropped in the price level of 750 and offer around 10% extra performance, albeit at higher power consumption.

Now whether those prices will hold true in US is different matter altogether, expect the 265 to debut in India at similar price point of 750Ti.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
It's already been done, R7 265 is coming in stores next week at the same price of 750Ti and with an additional 15-20% performance and with matching power consumption.

750Ti has a TDP of 60watts and requires no power supply connector, whereas r7 265 has a TDP of 150 watts and requires 1 6 pin connector.

Now I have a query,
how is it that 750Ti runs off just the PCI slot without power connector, and yet Guru3d shows the Calculated TDP to be greater than 7790 at 92 watts?
where is it leeching the power from?
PCI slot can't provide more than 75watts if i am not wrong?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ALL

Kindly stay away from off-topic and needless posts.

@ASHISH65: post restored. That must have been done mistakenly, one on-topic post amidst a bunch of crap.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
750Ti has a TDP of 60watts and requires no power supply connector, whereas r7 265 has a TDP of 150 watts and requires 1 6 pin connector.

Now I have a query,
how is it that 750Ti runs off just the PCI slot without power connector, and yet Guru3d shows the Calculated TDP to be greater than 7790 at 92 watts?
where is it leeching the power from?
PCI slot can't provide more than 75watts if i am not wrong?
well, TDP isn't really power consumed. It is rather talked about in regards to the amount of heat which should be taken care of for the device to function properly.

Then there are various ways through which companies rate their TDP.

If R7 265's TDP says 150w, doesn't mean that it consumes 150w. Same for GTX 750 Ti. R7 265 is HD 7850 anyway. R7 260 is HD 7790.

May be other review sites have readings representative of true picture.

kartikoli

Busy!!
can any1 list gpu's between 17k an 24k and which are worth buying in these categories........

Exactly what tkin suggest also you can have Zotak for 5yrs warranty
A member was negotiating for my gtx 770 amp and he said that MSI is selling gtx770 @24k which i doubt so if its true then you can go for it

Top Bottom