GPU NEWS Channel

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
This the latest pic of fermi gfx card :p ( though not sure if it's a real one )

*www.cdrinfo.com/images/uploaded/Nvidia_Fermi_Desktop.jpg

*www.pclaunches.com/graphic_cards/p...0_gpu_based_on_fermi_architecture_running.php

*www.nordichardware.com/news,10262.html

*www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News/Details.aspx?NewsId=26335

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
^^The HD5870 has 320 Shaders(in terms of a comparision table)

HD5870 320Shaders vs GF100 512 Shaders

I think GF100 will win....

Whereas, HD5950 and HD5970 might be faster than GF100. But again, nVidia might release 2xGF100...

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
@comp@ddict
its not that simple......
each of the 320 ati shaders Have 4 smaller shaders... you cant count them as a single unit...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
But Guys ATI and Nvidia's shader architecture is different that's why ATI gfx cards don't has any separate shader clock speed :p

@ comp@ddict - I hink Fermi dual gpu card will cost around $600 as ATI but they will performs better than ATI HD5970 ( I guess though )

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
4 small shaders and one main shader = 5

dude its not that simple...
for example Call of Juarez a game optimized for ATi , the ati cards perform much better than nvidia cards.... so u cant compare them like this.. its just a generalisation

tkin

Back to school!!
EVGA built some(50) GTX285 GPUs with 4 way SLI(till now only X2 GPUs could do 4 way) @ 1,699$(4 GTX285+1 Classified mobo), looks like they are desperate to get rid of all the GT200 chips laying around, with GTX275+GTS250 before and this now, why the phuc they delay fermi and brings these $hits??

Its juts like Asus Mars. nVidia and its AIBs gone absolutely mad.

If anyone's interested(and has just robbed a bank) look here: *www.evga.com/blackfriday/

Oh My God, looks at the GPUs, they need 3 pcie 6pin power pins each, so that makes a massive 3*4=12 pcie 6pin cables for the entire system.

*www.evga.com/blackfriday/images/4waypreview.jpg

And the custom GPUs have some cool OC feature, apparently they come with an overvolt jumper like mobos.

The GPU: *www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=01G-P3-1190-AR
The mobo: *www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=170-BL-E762-A1

GPU Features.

* GeForce GTX 285 GPU
* 4-Way SLI Support
* 8 Phase Digital PWM
* Low ESR/ESL Film Capacitor
* X-Cool jumper for Extreme OC
* 3 PCIe 6 pin power connectors
* Dedicated Voltage Read Points
* EVGA EVbot support

Warning: System does not come with nuclear power plant, need to purchase separately :grin::lol::grin:

Anyway here's something interesting; the promo reads:
Not only will these lucky 50 people be able to decimate the competition with their new 4-Way SLI system, but they will be first in line to get the next generation of graphics when they are released. Everyone that purchases this deal will have a special option to get a next-generation powered card at launch!
Looks like fermi's closer than we think.

Finally, the promo's not end yet, something more to come in 3days, watch out, could be ......................:twisted:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ tkin _ Thanks !! :p

That's looks like just ... enormous :p

BTW, Now some spoilers :

1. How much hit it will generate inside a cabby ??
2. Which PSU has 12x PCI-E 6 pin power connector - I know we can use converter - But just curious to know which psu one should use to match up with this.

EVGA Should Have used 2x GTX 295 in sli or tri SLI instead of 4x GTX 285 :p

Finally, The other big news maybe EVGA will bring another core i7 rig with 4x GTX in quad SLI config so that will make 8 GPU's total in a whole system - GPU computing - anyone.

But that will bottleneck even a core i7 running @ 4.2 GHz !!

BTW, IO think EVGA should bundle a compatible PSU with this whole freaky package !! :p

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@tkin:
Believe me..when I saw that picture, I literally jumped in my seat. Wow...!

That thing would definately require 2 PSUs. I Guess 1500W would work (2 x 1000W Corsair), as single or dual PSU.

Also was wondering what all the PCI.Express run at 16 channels -- full.

And since this is a XL-ATX motherboard (sounds like underwear) it would need a nice cabinet.

*www.evga.com/articles/00501/images/4way_size_matrix.jpg

Thanks Tkin.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
but don't we need a enormous display to make full use of quad SLI GTX285? Like a 150" LCD or 3x3 24" FullHD LCDs in portrait mode :)

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ Well, EVGA lists that only 9 cases are currently available that can house it, not sure though but I saw some Lian-Li cases and some Thermaltake Xaser in that list.

And as for SMPS, I guess these may qualify:
*www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010090058 113142550&name=1001W above

I guess this finally found its use:
*img.tomshardware.com/us/2008/03/08/cebit___thermaltake_ps.jpg

Look here for a review of an external 2KW SMPS: *www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/epower_2kw/

Ah: Here's the official list of cases that supports EL-ATX out of the box:

Lian Li PC-P80
Lian Li PC-P80R
HEC 98 98R9BB
Thermaltake Xaser VI VG4000SNA
Thermaltake Xaser VI VG4000BWS
Thermaltake Xaser VI VG4000BNS
Thermaltake Xaser VI VG4000BNSB
Thermaltake ArmorPlus VH6000BWS
Mountain Mods Acension w/ Modular Motherboard Tray 10 PCI Slot
Xigmatek CPC-T75UB-U01

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^

And as for SMPS, I guess these may qualify:
*www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010090058 113142550&name=1001W above

Look here for a review of an external 2KW SMPS: *www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/epower_2kw/

Holy Cow...............! :shock:
Those things are powerful....!

tkin

Back to school!!
A case officially supporting XL-ATX

*images17.newegg.com/is/image/newegg/11-133-056-S01?$S640W$

*images17.newegg.com/is/image/newegg/11-133-056-S09?$S640W$

*images17.newegg.com/is/image/newegg/11-133-056-S11?$S640W$

*www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?S=1226&ID=1408

170$, cheaper than some cooler master high end cases.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
The 2KW SMPS:

*www.overclockersclub.com/vimages/epower_2kw/2.jpg

148A on 12V. Now that's power, wonder what the electricity bill will be like. $699 launch price.

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
It can be carried to 'war'. Will serve a good purpose. (Swing Swing Swing -- hit enemy on head -- swing swing swing)

Top Bottom