Google's new feature

Do you think this new feature will breach your privacy?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

whim_gen

Journeyman
Hope I have posted in the right section

Google tool watches as you work
Google is going head-to-head with rival Yahoo,MSN et al
Google's desktop search software is being overhauled to become a digital helper that reacts to what users do.
Click here for more details

Now answer the following question in the poll...
Do think this new feature will breach your privacy?
Well I mean if the software can track ur web visits ,it might even relay the data to advertisers cant it?

Remember ,I aint taking sides.
Just want to know ur opinion

Source:BBC

iinfi

mekalodu
it is a spyware ..... thats the reason i have not installed even the previous version of Google Desktop .....

tuXian

In the zone
even I installed once smelled the problem and installed within 5 mins.

In dont like it in any way.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Haven't installed yet, but certainly will. It is going to store my preferences as cookies, well, most websites do it, only this tool does it in a broader and classified manner, or so I believe.

devilhead_satish

In the zone
Doing something without users knowledge, eh, Google.And oh yeah, Copernic has better indexing. And i like its interface. And it doesnt spy on ppl. Boo Google.

The Webmaster

Right off the assembly line
Google is intrested in user's data foe a very long time. not only google's desktop search but guys google toolbar also sneeks in your search results. and it is a fact.
actually what google is trying, it is trying to dominate the internet world it has an advantage which Microsoft doesnt, Gates made sure how users surf the net. he made IE dominating browser of the world and around 80% of the users are using IE to view the internet data but gates dint understand the power of 'how user finds the information' i.e. power of search engine. that is where google gains. and google is using this gain like anything. it is trying to go and take advantage oover the whole computing world. first Search engine, then Blog then email then World map, then web traffic analysis, then Digital image processing and lastly IM now whats next?? THE GOS...(Google OS) and GE(Google Explorer) no i am not kidding, i wont be surprised if google launches its own browser and operating system in next few years.

There is smthing weird going on inside google's lab they r hireing OS designer, Software engineers, Data Analysts, (People who dont have nething to do with Search engine technology) why for.... In my beliefes a real life Cyberdyne Systems is under making.....

expertno.1

Technomancer
it is a spyware ..... thats the reason i have not installed even the previous version of Google Desktop .....

it is spyware ?

whats the proof man ?

just dont blame simply..i wanna proof

The Webmaster

Right off the assembly line
Well its not spyware exactly...but it does send your search query records and the info about sites you visit.

ofcource it doesnt steal your passwords and CC info.
but it invades your privacy, if you consider.

escape7

What? Where? How?
None of the stuff on my PC contains anything that is so important that nobody else should view it...I don't care & if their software helps make my task easier why shouldn't i use it

milganz

Broken In
What about the Web Accelerator?

Isn't the Google Web Accelerator as bad a feature as well? I heard that it maintains an online cache of the sites you visit to help them load faster later. Isn't this a huge infringement on privacy too?

cyberia.in

In the zone
Same with other fetaures too, such as personalised search and others. Google is steling out identites !

and in a rather cool way too ;-)

milganz

Broken In
Privacy Policy too

And all of this is explicitly mentioned in their privacy policy, which most people don't read, so no one can even complain about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom