Google Nexus 4 Thread

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
iPad is good but too costly especially the new models. You can do everything on the nexus 7 that you can do with the iPad and it comes with better specs too and as anupam_pb said it competes directly with the iPad mini at the same time being cheaper and better specced.
The new nexus 7" has even better specs and it blows the iPad mini out of the water.
Its specs are unofficially confirmed to be:
FullHD 1980 x 1200 display (iPad mini is still stuck on 1024*768)
Snapdragon 600 quad core processor with adreno 320 GPU (same as top end phones like the Galaxy S4 and HTC one)
2GB RAM
5MP camera,1.2MP front cam
Slim port for HDMI out
Wireless charging
16GB/32GB variants at $229/269 resp
Android 4.3 and guaranteed future updates

Not bad eh?

Specs are not everything man. Ipads have a track record of being very reliable over a long period of time while u can see threads filled with Nexus 7 performance degradation after a couple of months due to tegra 3 chip corruption. Plus ipad mini has a larger screen estate to play with.

Coming to specs, my dual core A5X + 512 MB Ram ipad mini can play any game you throw at it and has better battery life than any other tab out there ( except for Ipad 4 of course).

My preferred combo of gadgets is - Ipad mini(Gaming) + Ipad 4(Will buy soon for browsing/pdfs) + Android Phone( Love android phones)

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Android 4.3 improvements detailed in video including big battery boost

Source

pratyush997

Inactive
Folks Grab Android 4.3 Official :)
@Rider Will you flash it?
*developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Specs are not everything man. Ipads have a track record of being very reliable over a long period of time while u can see threads filled with Nexus 7 performance degradation after a couple of months due to tegra 3 chip corruption. Plus ipad mini has a larger screen estate to play with.
Actually because of the flash storage chip. That becomes slow.

IndianRambo

In the zone
planning on buying this one. is there any cons?.i have ordered through flipkart for 24691/- its on transit.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Just limited storage and not so good battery life. Everything about it is pro.

No so good battery life is history ...

And limited storage is personal preference..

So N4 is the King.

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
Just limited storage and not so good battery life. Everything about it is pro.

Also N4 doesn't have network video calling support :-x ...... I use it 2-3 times a month, as in my hometown, internet is slow, so Skype video calling is not good......

Also my phone has a strange problem, I'm unable to send message to one of my friend's number(no problem with other numbers n contacts). The message remains in outbox for 1-2 min then it fails...... Any solution?

josin

In the zone
Also my phone has a strange problem, I'm unable to send message to one of my friend's number(no problem with other numbers n contacts). The message remains in outbox for 1-2 min then it fails...... Any solution?

If you are able to send sms to other numbers then its not the issue of your phone. If its the issue with ur phone then none of your sms will be received by their intended receivers.

rider

as Kratos
No so good battery life is history ...

And limited storage is personal preference..

So N4 is the King.

what do you mean by *And limited storage is personal preference.. * ??