Google launches alternative to SourceForge

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferrarif50

Journeyman
Google Monopoly Inc. (read Google Inc.) has begun testing a new service for hosting open-source projects that leverages its famed search engine to help developers find interesting software to which they can contribute

The Mountain View, Calif., company said yesterday that the project hosting site, available in beta now at *code.google.com/hosting, also offers its trademarked minimalist user interface, as well as a powerful back-end database to speed up access and lower downtime.

*www.computerworld.com/action/artic...asic&articleId=9002078&source=NLT_APP&nlid=48

Pathik

Google Bot
yeh...thats good....
jus hope that sourceforge vs code.google doesnt become another MS vs google or yahoo vs google.....
neways i dont think that google can defeat sourceforge......

tuxfan

Technomancer
I tihnk Google is taking on too many people in the industry at the same time. :)) But whatever they do changes the yardsticks. The competition has to wake up and take notice of it ;)

knight17

In the zone
I tihnk Google is taking on too many people in the industry at the same time
Yes they are entering multiple markets at once
But whatever they do changes the yardsticks
Not always..I think you still remeber about Google Finace's position only 40th in its class.Yahoo! Finace is at top,MSN,CNN following.Blog search they are no where near technorati,icerocket etc
In Blog hosting MS overtake them with spaces live there was a report about it dated may 24th.

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I checked it out it has a list of many projects but I could only see SVN links for all of them but no projects there so far. Can someone confirm this or did I miss something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom