Status
Not open for further replies.

mandar5

Youngling
Hi guys.I am having a problem with google search.Whenever I type a single word a drop down window appears showing all the previous search I have done with that word.This is very embarassing for me as it is threat 2 my privacy.Can u tell me how to disable the pop up?

iinfi

mekalodu
if ur using IE then goto TOOLS>> OPTIONS >> CONTENT TAB >> AUTO COMPLETE >> and then click on CLEAR FORMS AND CLEAR PASSWORDS >> and uncheck FORMS and USER NAMES AND PASSWORDS ON FORMS checkboxes ...

thats sud do the job ....

in case of Firefox .... goto Tools >> options >>> privacy >>> expand saved form information >>> click on the CLEAR button adjacent to it >>> and unckeck SAVE INFORMATION I ENTER IN A WEB PAGE FORMS AND THE SEARCH BAR

HOPE THIS HELPS

escape7

What? Where? How?
mandar5 said:
Whenever I type a single word a drop down window appears showing all the previous search I have done with that word.

Go to internet properties and clear your web history...that dropdown stuff will go away

mandar5 said:
Can u tell me how to disable the pop up?

Use a popup blocker to disable popups. Google toolbar would suffice.

Click Here to download google toolbar for Firefox

Click hereto download google toolbar for IE (5.5 and above)

crashuniverse

In the zone
This is a feature. Auto complete. It helps in remembering our old searches. It works in all input text boxes, like box for user-id. Ur prob is already solved. see dis.

iinfi said:
if ur using IE then goto TOOLS>> OPTIONS >> CONTENT TAB >> AUTO COMPLETE >> and then click on CLEAR FORMS AND CLEAR PASSWORDS >> and uncheck FORMS and USER NAMES AND PASSWORDS ON FORMS checkboxes ...

in case of Firefox .... goto Tools >> options >>> privacy >>> expand saved form information >>> click on the CLEAR button adjacent to it >>> and unckeck SAVE INFORMATION I ENTER IN A WEB PAGE FORMS AND THE SEARCH BAR

HOPE THIS HELPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom