good multiplayer racing game

nims11

BIOS Terminator
i used to play open arena with my brother over LAN.
i need a good multiplayer racing game which i can play over LAN. the problem is that the 2nd computer(which is a laptop) is pretty low on resources(256 meg ram, 1.6 Ghz pentium M).

any suggestions?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
NFS Most Wanted or below. i doubt even if most wanted will run smoothly. it needs around 512Mb ram with a moderate processor & at least a good IGP solution.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try NFS Underground 2 - don't forget to patch it to the latest version so LAN mode can work.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Trackmania Nations Forever - it is free and will run smoothly.

sygeek

Technomancer
I don't recommend "Trackmania Nations Forever". It runs like crap on my system with 386 RAM and P4 processor (even with the least resolution).

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
It ran pretty smooth on my Pentium 4 3.06ghz system with Intel 910G graphics with 512mb RAM. Resolution was 1024x768. I used to play it extensively 4 years ago.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
It ran pretty smooth on my Pentium 4 3.06ghz system with Intel 910G graphics with 512mb RAM. Resolution was 1024x768. I used to play it extensively 4 years ago.

i ran it with same system but with just 256Mb ram. runs smooth at that resolution.

@SyGeek, your copy was surely corrupted.

Sarath

iDota
NFS Porshe Unleashed :)

I can only rememeber playing RoadRash, Age of Empires, NFS and Militarism on my P4 system.

I won a 128MB dedicated GFX card from a computer mag. :-D That was WOW!

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|
Try NFS 3 ; NFS 2 SE . and also NFS Hotpursuit(old one).

The first two are having Split Screens too... :D

OP
nims11

nims11

BIOS Terminator
thanx for the suggestions, i have played trackmania nations from some before on my computer. will try it on the low resource laptop to see if it works fine. i won't go for NFS 2SE as i have played a lot of it before. if trackmania doesnt work good, will try the NFS's.

btw any suggestion any low on resource violent racing games(like twisted metal)?

Top Bottom