Good Motherboard for AMD A10 processor

natrajkadur

Broken In
Hi,

I am planning to build a PC for my Son using AMD A10 processor. Can some one let me know what all good motherboards are available for A10 processor?

I need USB 3.0, SATA, DDR3, expansion slot for future upgrades.

The primary use of the PC will be Education and TV and Entertainment.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Please fill up *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html and post here

thaluageek

Broken In
Hi,

I am planning to build a PC for my Son using AMD A10 processor. Can some one let me know what all good motherboards are available for A10 processor?

I need USB 3.0, SATA, DDR3, expansion slot for future upgrades.

The primary use of the PC will be Education and TV and Entertainment.

Buddy which type of expansion slots youare talking about ? PCI,PCIe,RAM??
Also i suggest you fill up that questionaire as sugested by Cilus . . . It will help us to understand your exact requirements.:-o

OP
N

natrajkadur

Broken In
Here is my requirements

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Need the system for office work (programming, MS Office) and entertainment (HD TV and Video) viewing. Here is the detailed use of the system

Professional:
Software Development for desktop and CAD application, Mobile application, and Web Application.

Education:
For sons education medias (Audio, Video, Graphics, Animation and Text).

Entertainment:
HD Movie, Music, TV

Hobby:
Handycam movie editing, Movie ripping , Photoshop, Tweaking / ripping music, Flash, 3D model

General:
Internet surfing, You tube watching, ebooks reading

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 25 - 30 K. If the budget is getting extended then would have to delay the purchase

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 64 Bit future would upgrade to Windows 8. Also will add Virtual PC image of Linux / OpenSolaris, Try to install Mac OS in dual boot mode

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Min 500 GB might go for Raid in future

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes, 22" - 24" with HD (1080P / 720P)

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I have to purchase all the components

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: May or June 2013.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes I have built my earlier system and plan to build this system myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Pune. Will try local, and online check where I would get best deal. Might even buy it from Chennai or Bangalore if I go there?

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Some things which I want in my system are
CPU: with 3 or more cores (Not averse to APU's)
RAM: Min 4GB DDR3 1333
MoBo: should have USB 3.0, PCIe x16, PCIe x1, Dual Bios (if in budget),
PSU: In future would add a Graphic card and Blueray drive
Monitor: HD 22 - 24" PC would majorly be used for TV viewing
Optical Drive: DVD RW Dual layer
Memory Card Reader: All in one memory card reader which can read many of the famous card formats viz. MS Pro Duo, MS Duo, MMC, SD, etc.

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Since you are going to buy in may or june 2013 it is better to start the thread 2 to 3 weeks before the date of purchase so. the prices of the components might change drastically in 2 months and any new components may come...

OP
N

natrajkadur

Broken In
I have not brought the PC yet. I am in the process of finalizing the components for the PC. Once that is done I will buy them and assemble it.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Oh common Cilus, he needs just a motherboard!

I hope now you understand why I ask people to fill up the template in the 1st place. Most of the new people are not aware of all the things required for a PC build guidance and we can always guide them properly if he posts in details.

I hope now you understand why I ask people to fill up the template in the 1st place. Most of the new people are not aware of all the things required for a PC build guidance and we can always guide them properly if he posts in details.
You are right, but I expect people to atleast know what they already have and what they want.

Okay now, enough off topic, heres a config for OP:

a10 5800k (7000) can someone confirm the price?
FM2 motherboard (4000)
WD 500 GB HDD (2900)
Corsair value select 4 GB (1800)
Corsair CX430v2 (2600)
And iBall or zebronics cabinet (800) give back the included PSU for some cash returns :D
Logitech MK200 KB & Mouse combo (700)
Dell ST2240L 22" LED monitor (8500)

total: 28300

Top Bottom