Good laptop around 30k!

coldfire101

Right off the assembly line
Hi folks,

I need to buy a laptop in around 2-3 weeks that I would primarily use to program on (running VS 2010/2012,SQL Server,Oracle etc) and a bit of casual gaming(3-4hrs a week of gears,cod,bf3,torchlight etc).My budget is around 30k. Below are my requirements in detail:

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

30-34k (34k outer limit but have around 1k flipkart credit)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

15.6 Inch Screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Asus,Samsung

b. Dislike:Acer,Sony...and to an extent Lenovo n HP (had bad xp with HP - overheating,poor battery,freezing etc)

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

Programming (VS 2010/2012) | SQL Server | Oracle | Java (perhaps...)

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?

Not too particular but anti-glare does look good :p

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)

Prefer Black Coloured units only....hate grey,beige,silver and any other bright colours.

I did come across a coupla models that I've mentally set aside:

Samsung NP300E5X-A01IN :

Samsung NP300E5X-A01IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS) - Samsung: Flipkart.com

Samsung NP355V5C-S05IN:

Samsung NP355V5C-S05IN Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 6GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - Samsung: Flipkart.com

The first model most probably meets all my needs as I don't game much and the HD 4000 intel grafix shud take of casual gaming no?? The only other option seems to be the i3 with the ultra low end Nvidia gt610m which I know is worse than the integrated HD4000. So throw some light on this please??

The second model seems to hit the bullseye in terms of VFM and capabilities...but the fact that it's an AMD make keeps pushing me away as they're notoriuos for heating issues (I know it's NOT as bad as twas before but still...) so need to know this: does it run hotter only during gaming or even during surfing,programming,watching movies etc/multi-tasking??...If it's just during gaming,I can live with it and would definitely go for it as it's tremendous VFS...provided ofc it doesn't have other issues.I do have a Playstation for gaming needs.

So please suggest me what to do...Asus I love but there seem to be hardly any models with the same config as above in the same price bracket(Asus A55DR-SX102D doesn't have dual grafix afailk). HP 2010ax's good but I'm cautious about HP as I'd had bad xp with them before and also looking for a change of brand.Thanks for bearing with me patiently....awaiting suggestions/replies.

Top Bottom