good graphics card in 3k max

Nemes!s

Broken In
Hi guys

Please suggest good graphics card around 3k.. I can't shell out more than 3k.

My config is in my signature

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
save up some more money then
someone can recommend you.
in 3k the max you'll get is hd4650
which by no way can give you a good gaming experience
save 2.5k more i.e 5.3k, you can get Sapphire HD5670 512MB

ajai5777

Youngling
Your rig looks so good.But a 3k GPU doesnt suit your rig.Dont waste your 3k in a GPU now.Better play in IGP now and wait for a good budget to get 5850 or 5770 or atleast 5670.Anything below 5670 isnt reommended.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Since your IGP is quite capable of running games at low settings and a card worth 3K won't do much better, so better stick to your current card or get hold of a second hand 8800GT or 9600GT. You could have saved 2000 by buying FSP Saga II 500W and got yourself a HD5670. Why did you buy a VX550 when you weren't getting a graphics card. It's almost the ultimate PSU for a non-SLI/xFire system.

OP
Nemes!s

Nemes!s

Broken In
Since your IGP is quite capable of running games at low settings and a card worth 3K won't do much better, so better stick to your current card or get hold of a second hand 8800GT or 9600GT. You could have saved 2000 by buying FSP Saga II 500W and got yourself a HD5670. Why did you buy a VX550 when you weren't getting a graphics card. It's almost the ultimate PSU for a non-SLI/xFire system.

Well I agree your to ur point that I could have saved couple of thousands but I had no other options available that time except buying vx550 as vx450 and FSP saga were out of stock...

World in Conflict lags pretty much as impossible to play with my config so i thought to add some cheap gfx card ;-).. so guys can u suggest a card around 5-6k

how about this one
*bwindia.net/content/card-pci-express-geforce-gts250-1-gb-ddr3

Last edited:

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
yeah, if you can get to 5-6k, HD5670 would be a good choice. Will run every game, though, obviously the new ones at moderate settings.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
Thats not a good choice.Get Sapphire HD 5670 512 MB @ 5.3k
care to explain why GTS250 isn't a better choice over HD5670?:?:
if you're gonna say DX11,
rest assured HD5670 makes a poor job for DX11
if op has budget he can go for GTS250 or
if he chooses to wait for some more funds
he can get a 5770 or GTS450(when released)@less than 10k

ajai5777

Youngling
The final price would be over 7k.Also no DX11 and power hugry (160w).
Do you think the price difference compromises with the performance difference?

He asked for a 3k card.Thats why suggested the best card in the lowest possible budget.

There is another GTS 250 512MB DDR3 from palit @ 6.2k.Dont know its worth for the performance increase.

Piyush

Lanaya
gts 250 performs better than 5670 in almost all games
u can achieve gts 250 type performance by OCing the 5670(but not exactly that performance)
its true that 5670 has got dx11 and sm 5
but thats the other case

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
The final price would be over 7k.Also no DX11 and power hugry (160w).
Do you think the price difference compromises with the performance difference?

He asked for a 3k card.Thats why suggested the best card in the lowest possible budget.

There is another GTS 250 512MB DDR3 from palit @ 6.2k.Dont know its worth for the performance increase.
i knw the op asked for 3k card at first
but he changed his mind in the middle of the thread
dude the op suggested the card himself!!:smile:
so obviously he can afford it
HD5670 can't hold its own against DX11 games!!
so DX11 is a moot point here..:)
also he already has Vx550 so he doesn't really have to think about power consumption , does he?:):))

OP
Nemes!s

Nemes!s

Broken In
Thnx for info... I have to wait couple of weeks to arrange 6-7k but that should not be problem...

one more thing...as there are DDR3 and DDR5 cards available in market.. is there significant boost in performance in DDR5 over DDR3,

1GB DDR3 is equivalent to DDR5 512 mb

can anyone please enlighten me on this matter

ajai5777

Youngling
DDR5 is faster than DDR3. The better performance of GTS 250 1GB DDR3 is not because of the size of the memory, its because of the bus width.5670 is 128 bit and GTS 250 is 256 bit.Thats the major difference.

I wont recommend a GTS 250 @ 7k.

Its an old card.Its 65nm technology,power hungry,produces more heat,no Directx 11,no DDR5,Shader model 4 etc..

If your max budget is 7k.Then go for Sapphire HD 5750 @ 7.2k It has all the new technologies and also powerful like GTS 250.

But the best choice would be HD 5770 @ 8.5k.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
I wont recommend a GTS 250 @ 7k.
Its an old card.Its 65nm technology,power hungry,produces more heat,no Directx 11,no DDR5,Shader model 4 etc..
If your max budget is 7k.Then go for Sapphire HD 5750 @ 7.2k It has all the new technologies and also powerful like GTS 250.
But the best choice would be HD 5770 @ 8.5k.
i agree with Ajai in this one
@op
go for gts250 only if you are short of cash
else 5750 is the more logical choice:)

Top Bottom