good GPU for my config

OP
B

bkarankar

Broken In
As I have already posted MSI 6950 TFIII + Corsair GS600 would be within your 20k budget.

Don't rely on Zebronics SMPS. You don't want to damage your precious graphics card, do you? ;)

can you please elaborate what are the issue in Zebronics. i am using this from last 2 year (in 4800/- from indore) and did not found any issue.

do you really think that i required new PSU now? cant Zebronics 500 Platinum manage 380-400W

even, i have tested the required power for my system with 6950 from *www.msi.com/service/power-supply-calculator/, its approx 400w only.

i am not able to buy 2 Hardware device (PSU+GPU) now... whatever the price be...
even if i buy 6850 then still ill not buy PSU (only have to buy one Hardware)

Last edited:

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
simple solution put that money in a fix deposit for a short duration and buy when its mature u can fix for days .

its recommended to change ur psu

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am not an expert, but here what I know -your PSU can supply only 22A on its 12V rail. That makes it max 264W. The importance of 12V rail is it provides the power for most of the power hungry components, including the CPU, GPU and hard drives. So with a max capacity to supply just 264W of its rated 500W, its not enough to support your hardware. Don't skimp on SMPS, a little expenditure now will save you lots in future. :)

Check this link to know more about power supply rails:-

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_supply_rail

Hope this helps.

OP
B

bkarankar

Broken In
simple solution put that money in a fix deposit for a short duration and buy when its mature u can fix for days .

its recommended to change ur psu

Thanks, but i do not required your advice.
try to avoid my threads (you are not welcome):x

I am not an expert, but here what I know -your PSU can supply only 22A on its 12V rail. That makes it max 264W. The importance of 12V rail is it provides the power for most of the power hungry components, including the CPU, GPU and hard drives. So with a max capacity to supply just 264W of its rated 500W, its not enough to support your hardware. Don't skimp on SMPS, a little expenditure now will save you lots in future. :)

Check this link to know more about power supply rails:-

Power supply rail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope this helps.

Thanks Bro,

i found something on my PSU. have a look on this and let me know do i required to buy PSU or should i put money in a fix deposit

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah already checked it. Get a decent SMPS before getting the graphics card. It will save you lots of future headache.

Top Bottom