good gaming gpu under 11k

hell is here

Broken In
hiiii one of my friend had ga-g41m-es2l motherboard
cpu dual core e5400 processor
4gb ddr2 ram
gs500 psu
and he has led 18.5inch monitor
he wants to play all games on medium high or in high settings on 1360 x 768 resolution
he has a budget up to 11k
and he dont want to upgrade his cpu at all

Myth

Cyborg Agent
I can only think of the HD7770 at the moment. The sapphire model is around 9.2k online and lower locally.
PS : The cpu might become a bottleneck in a few games.

aloodum

Journeyman
^^^ err at that resolution is suspect the wolfie will be a bottleneck as pointed out by myth.
Is that resolution the max offered by his moniter? IIRC most 18.5 have a native resolution of 1440X 900..

Getting a med-high gpu with a low end cpu will be quite unbalanced.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
No, It wont blow up.
Bottleneck means the overall performance might be lower because one particular component cant keep up or is not at the same level as the other components.

I am not sure about this, so wait till someone clarifies that point.

OP
H

hell is here

Broken In
his monitor display at 1360 x 768 resolution, but idont know its size in inches. at this resolution he can play latest games in about medium settings
his cpu temp on full load goes to 68 degrees. ithink that not be the problem while playing games .

aloodum

Journeyman
^^ myth pretty much summed it up : bottleneck in simple terms would means the system is not being to perform at its optimal level as its being held back in some department.

demon

Right off the assembly line
more in the lines of 7770,6850,etc
u dont need a powerful card for your system!
6850 is the max you should be aiming at!!

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
thats better.. ask him to save on the gpu and invest on the ram. maybe he'll have to shell out a couple of grands more.. but ask around and settle whats the best gpu for his rig. include the new ram in the config.

Naxal

Little Kid
yes his motherboard supports ddr2 and ddr3 ram and had a two slots for each ram

Hi,

Please check your motherboard Model Number, since the model you have mentioned will not going to support DDR-III. Ref -> GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 775 - GA-G41M-ES2L (rev. 1.4)

If the mobo doesn't allow you the ability to upgrade the RAM, then I suggest better to buy following

HIS AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6670 1 GB GDDR5 @ Rs. 6325. Ref -> HIS AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6670 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com
ASUS P5G41-T M LX / Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2 @ Rs. 3000/-
Corsiar or G.Skill 4 GB DDR-III 1333 MHz Value RAM @ Rs. 1150/-

Try for 8 GB in 4x2 configuration if budget permits, since dual channel may provide better performance. Mind you, DDR-III RAMs are dead cheap now days.

Try to make the purchase from local store since they can give you good deal in exchange of present motherboard and DDR-II RAM. Mind you, a 2 GB DDR-II may fetch upto 750 easily or even more if the RAMs are in warranty.

Thanks.

OP
H

hell is here

Broken In
Hi,

Please check your motherboard Model Number, since the model you have mentioned will not going to support DDR-III. Ref -> GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 775 - GA-G41M-ES2L (rev. 1.4)

If the mobo doesn't allow you the ability to upgrade the RAM, then I suggest better to buy following

HIS AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6670 1 GB GDDR5 @ Rs. 6325. Ref -> HIS AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6670 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com
ASUS P5G41-T M LX / Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2 @ Rs. 3000/-
Corsiar or G.Skill 4 GB DDR-III 1333 MHz Value RAM @ Rs. 1150/-

Try for 8 GB in 4x2 configuration if budget permits, since dual channel may provide better performance. Mind you, DDR-III RAMs are dead cheap now days.

Try to make the purchase from local store since they can give you good deal in exchange of present motherboard and DDR-II RAM. Mind you, a 2 GB DDR-II may fetch upto 750 easily or even more if the RAMs are in warranty.

Thanks.

sorry for inconvenience but his motherboard model is GA-G41M-Combo

Naxal

Little Kid
sorry for inconvenience but his motherboard model is GA-G41M-Combo

In that case trade the DDR-II 4 GB RAM with a single DDR-III 4 GB Stick, G.Skill or Corsair value series available at around Rs. 1150/- from local traders.

Place order for following,

One more 4GB value series 1333 MHz DDR-III @ Rs. 1150/-
VS450 PSU @ Rs. 2500/- since I guess the PSU mentioned is a Generic one ??
HIS ATI Radeon HD 6670 1 GB GDDR5 @ Rs. 6325/-
Cooler Master 212 CPU Cooler @ Rs. 2000/-

Please note, E5400 having T-Case of 74 should allow a trouble free OC.

Please note, OC would be needed hence the cooler is necessary as in Intel G41 chipset, DDR-III memory frequency is linked with processor FSB. Hence to run DDR-III @ 1333 MHz, you would have to take your processor FSB 800 MHz from 1333 MHz, otherwise, the RAM you buy would be stuck at 800 MHz operation.

G41 Chipset OC Process in BIOS said:
Before OC with default Q6600 processor settings

*i48.tinypic.com/144nsi.jpg

After OC by matching Q6600 FSB with RAM FSB

*i49.tinypic.com/6s4ze8.jpg
That would mean the processor running in effective running clock of 4.4 GHz (1333/4*13.5) meaning a lot of power to be given from PSU hence PSU too is necessary !!

Best of luck, since with the said processor, unless he upgrades, you are in for a lot of OCing !!

kartikoli

Busy!!
11k is a good budget for the resolution he is going to play I would suggest to sell your combo and buy a new DDR3 setup with at least 4cores and in addition get 7770

Or buy a Trinity setup and add 7770 ... this will give better gaming performance

Cilus

laborare est orare
Why you guys are asking for Ram upgrade to DDR3? The performance difference between 800 MHz DDR2 and 1333 MHz DDR3 is very low because DDR2 rams do have lower latency despite the speed advantage of DDR3. 4GB Ram is well enough for any kind of gaming.
Hell is here, ask your friend to get a standard CPU cooler like CM Hyper TX3, around 1.3K and overclock the CPU to 3.5 GHz. For graphics card, don't go beyond HD 7750 or HD 6770 to eliminate the chance of bottleneck.

OP
H

hell is here

Broken In
Why you guys are asking for Ram upgrade to DDR3? The performance difference between 800 MHz DDR2 and 1333 MHz DDR3 is very low because DDR2 rams do have lower latency despite the speed advantage of DDR3. 4GB Ram is well enough for any kind of gaming.
Hell is here, ask your friend to get a standard CPU cooler like CM Hyper TX3, around 1.3K and overclock the CPU to 3.5 GHz. For graphics card, don't go beyond HD 7750 or HD 6770 to eliminate the chance of bottleneck.

my friend is ready to exchange his 4gb ddr2 ram with 4gb ddr3 ram and also upgrading his cpu to core2duo e7500 2.93 ghz by exchange with his processor and ging him 1.5 k from a dealer but the processor is used for couple of months i.e [second hand] .

then i would suggest him gtx 560 or ati 6850 and his psu is also quite powerful. [corsair gs 500]

Top Bottom