Going wireless using ADSL2+ modem...

OP
D

dheerajpant

Journeyman
@dheerajpant,
Your problem is just as I suspected! Since even the modem1 takes i/p from RJ11, why not 'not use it'. I mean instead of using two modems (modem1 and wireless modem) why not use just the wireless modem only? According to your first post, its a ADSL modem and wireless router, so all you have to do is change its ip, dns and other configs to reliance values and it should work.. it will also look decent :)
In summary:
According to me there are only two solutions for your problems,
1. Use only the BSNL modem
2. Use the reliance modem along with a new wifi router (just router and not ADSL modem!)

The problem with not using only the wireless modem is it has to be on PPPoE mode and for it you have to enter the user name and password which I don't have because, in reliance we have a web based login system not th PPPoE one.
The second option is the last bet ;) , for now I am creating a hotspot from my laptop and if I don't find a sol. I will have have to buy one :( .

Thankx

Raptor1989

Broken In
Guys, I just got my new Reliance 1mbps unlimited connection. I used BSNL broadband. I have the Siemens SL2_141 wireless adsl moden. Can you please tell me how can i use my old Siemens modem with the Reliance one to make a wireless network? I can use the Siemens modem as a switch, connecting multiple devices through LAN. However, the wireless doesn't seem to work. No internet connectivity on the wireless network, even through the network is up. Please help.

Top Bottom