Going wireless KB/M or controller..Budget 3k!!

masterkd

Padawan
I want to get some wireless hardware for gaming
so, I have two options
- xbox wireless controller
- wireless keyboard/mouse

I have no experience in controller..and I mainly play RPG
Should I go for controller??

If no then please suggest me some wireless KB/M within 3k

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
The Answer lies in what kind of a gamer are you.
If you are a casual gamer then I won't suggest you to go the dedicated controller way unless you have plenty of riches to throw away. Instead you could consider the Keyboard-Mouse, which would suffice your casual gaming needs. Also, if you purchase a dedicated gaming controller, for say, 2.5 K, it will be just a piece of useless hardware for the time you're not playing your games.
But if, in case you're a die-hard gamer, then you know the answer.:wink:

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Any suggestions for KB/M??

You could go in for:
1. Logitech MK320 @ around 1.5-1.6K,
2. Microsoft Wireless Desktop 2000 @ around 1.4-1.6K
3. Logitech K400 (Wireless Touch Keyboard) Has a Track pad built-in into the keyboard itself @ 1.8-2K
4. And In case you want something too funky, you could go in for the Logitech MX3200 Laser @ around 2.5 to 2.8K. It's a bit aged, but still good looking.
5. You could also checkout the newly launched Logitech MK520 sellling on ebay.in @ 3224+100 shipping.

Though Razers are dedicated Gaming Keyboard and Mice and good looking too, but I think their prices will easily surpass your budget.

All the best.

OP
masterkd

masterkd

Padawan
Thanks for the suggestions.
logitech K400 is no-no cause you can't game with track pad.
also I have a question..as I have wi fi (2.4Ghz).. will it interfere with wireless KB/M?

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Thanks for the suggestions.
logitech K400 is no-no cause you can't game with track pad.
also I have a question..as I have wi fi (2.4Ghz).. will it interfere with wireless KB/M?

As far as I know, and have experienced, these things don't interfere in each other's signals. I'm using a wireless mouse and a keyboard in my office for the past one year with 1 wireless network active in my office and atleast around 6 other wireless networks active in the proximity and hasn't ever experienced such a problem, so, I can't say what can happen in case of an interference, except for the obvious thing that it might hamper normal functioning (as the rulebook says).
But would suggest you to consider checking the manufacturers product description for the same before purchasing your hardware to eliminate any doubts.

OP
masterkd

masterkd

Padawan
You sure your office wifi and KB/M in same frequency?
need to if i can change channels in my router..that should solve the problem..right??

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
You sure your office wifi and KB/M in same frequency?
need to if i can change channels in my router..that should solve the problem..right??

You could google around for Netgear WRT614v9-the wireless router (which operates @ 2.4 - 2.5 Ghz and the Logitech MK 220 KB/Mouse Kit and the Microsoft Mobile 1000 mouse (which also works @ 2.4 Ghz) which we have around 3 in our office.

As far as I know about the technicalities, there are different protocols within a particular spectrum band. The range of the wireless keyboard/mouse and their power is not that much to interfere with the WiFi signals.

But as I've suggested earlier, you could check the manufacturer's website regarding the specifications too.

deeprav_99

A Technology enthusiastic
Well, I am searching for Wireless KM.

I have finalized one.

Please have look at the DELL KM632 Wireless Keyboard and mouse Combo. It will cost you around 2.5K if ordered from DELL online. I Could not find it on any online shopping website or with any local shop in Pune.

Good features:
+ Chiclet keyboard
+ ON/OFF button on both keyboard and mouse. Saves the battery.

Bad Features:
Not known.

Top Bottom