Gmail Chat Reviewed Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
*mail.google.com/mail/im/preview.gif

Features:

1. Chat - Send instant messages from directly within Gmail. When you go to your inbox, you'll be online.

2. Status - See when others are online and let them know when you're online, away, busy, tired, whatever.

3. History - Chats can be just like emails. Save them, search for them--never lose important chats again.

Since I have not chatted with anybody so I don't know how it works here! Will tell you about its working and features soon! But this type of chat has its own limitations than a full blown messenger!

Let's wait for the revolution. Just visit *mail.google.com/mail and start Chatting!

sudipto

Broken In
when i log on it takes me to the similar page as you have mention, but i cant chat as nobody from my contact list was online!

W

Webmaster

dude that is google talk not chat

they have combined the two

for the full story visit

<snipped>

Enough said & done,you are banned ! -digen

OP
N

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Webmaster , your post has been reported because you have given a link of a warez site which is not allowed!

Also if somebody does not see Full Chat feature look here for your answers!

*mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=33504

godsownman

Padawan
A similar topic has been created the day it appeared.

I have already got my most of my accounts enabled with this feature.

Please visit

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37350

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
dude it was not released today. They are releasing it user by user. You and I got this feature today but Qwerty Maniac said he got it yesterday!

OP
N

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Okay...I realised this and am editing the title! Mods please shift this in Reviews section!

godsownman

Padawan
Yeah I have got it enabled in most of my accounts which I am not using frequently.

But the account that I use frequently doesnt have it.

One thing that I have noticed apart from the lot of features available is the emoticons. When we type the characters they animate and come to the real position which is done in a creative way.

But I wanted to ask people using it .

What they have done is made the contacts part of Gmail also show whether the user is Online via the dots. So can a user see me online and start a chat with me . I know this is does'nt sound possible but if you see the chat option under settings provided you will realise what I mean.

Do reply who ever has tried.

Cheers !!!

OP
N

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
To clear godsownman doubts i have something to show.... *mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?ctx=gmail&hl=en&answer=29795

For the rest I will soon post a detailed review...

godsownman

Padawan
navjotjsingh said:
To clear godsownman doubts i have something to show.... *mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?ctx=gmail&hl=en&answer=29795

For the rest I will soon post a detailed review...

Yeah I have read that , and thats why I asked if I do not select that anybody can start a conversation with me .

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Code:
Yeah I have got it enabled in most of my accounts which I am not using frequently. 

But the account that I use frequently doesnt have it.

Ditto.

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
@godsownman: The contact box automatically appears when the feature is activated.

Status
Not open for further replies.