[GIVEAWAY][till 5pm 19th May] Ashampoo Photo Commander 10

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
*i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/news-700/Softpedia-Giveaway-Ashampoo-Photo-Commander-10.png?1368875504

i'll give it a try after staying with Picasa for over 3yrs now.

Softpedia Giveaway: Ashampoo Photo Commander 10.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
now softpedia has outed another giveaway. this time WinOptimizer 9 (latest version is 10). download it here: Ashampoo WinOptimizer 9.04.31 FREE. This giveaway too will only last for 24hrs. Till tommorrow 5-6pm.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
free vs paid. always better. it doesn't have the best layout (tab layout of tuneup looks cool) but it does work. one thing i missed is the profile and the recommendation. other than that, this is the best one stop system maintenance (free).

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
softpedia giveaways are not like giveaway of the day so I think it's about time we create a dedicated fir such giveaways but provided that the giveaway poster need to make sure that the giveaway softweare can be used later and does not comes with any sort of installer which can't be used later ( time limited online activation ).

funskar

Padawan
Asterisk Password Decryptor 3.01.95 Giveaway of the Day ..

Only 2hrs 25minutes left - Asterisk Password Decryptor 3.01.95

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
softpedia giveaways are not like giveaway of the day so I think it's about time we create a dedicated fir such giveaways but provided that the giveaway poster need to make sure that the giveaway softweare can be used later and does not comes with any sort of installer which can't be used later ( time limited online activation ).

usually they last longer. this time it looks like a marketing strategy by Ashampoo. anyway the end user receives the product :D

actually i think in this case you can't download the installer after the time limit. i have saved the installer as well as the serial key for later use.

Alien

Journeyman
Another softpedia giveaway. Glary Utilities Pro [GIVEAWAY] 3.3.0.112.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
usually they last longer. this time it looks like a marketing strategy by Ashampoo. anyway the end user receives the product :D

actually i think in this case you can't download the installer after the time limit. i have saved the installer as well as the serial key for later use.

I think everyone who gets to know about such giveaways are saving the installer and the key for later use and such unrestricted installer ( install when ever you want if you have it ) plus key combo is a lot closer to the true giveaway style unlike giveawayoftheday ;-) so shall we create a new thread for such giveaways - what say ?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I think everyone who gets to know about such giveaways are saving the installer and the key for later use and such unrestricted installer ( install when ever you want if you have it ) plus key combo is a lot closer to the true giveaway style unlike giveawayoftheday ;-) so shall we create a new thread for such giveaways - what say ?

download link is most likely gone. even direct link will be closed to the public.

can create a mega giveaway thread to list all unrestricted giveaways.

Knight2A4

In the zone
Another softpedia giveaway. Glary Utilities Pro [GIVEAWAY] 3.3.0.112.

Thanks for this :mrgreen: .......... I was using the freeware. I did like tuneup Utilitie but once it trial version expired i was looking for it replacement glary is decent freeware but pro should be better :mrgreen:

Why don't we start a spread thread for giveaways?? All the giveaways that we come to know of we cannot there instead of creating new threads for each giveaway.

Shiva

Knight2A4

In the zone
Hello,

While surfing online just found this useful post hope it help's.

Originally post by viveknetan

How to get the 'original' installer file from Giveawayoftheday Setup.exe :mrgreen:

I know that some of us here are frequent users of GOTD but we hate the fact that the Setup.exe file from GOTD always connect to the internet to verify that the giveaway period is still on.

Here's how to 'remove' that annoyance and backup the original installer file so that we can install it at a later time (even after the GOTD offer is over)

First of all, you would need to download from GOTD and extract to get the Setup.exe file.

1. Open an Explorer window and go to the Tools menu. Next, Folder Options...View tab....
2. Under Advanced Settings, you will see Hidden files and folders option. By default, it is set to "Do not show hidden files and folders"...you would have to change it to "Show hidden files and folders"
3. You now have to go to the temporary folder. The easiest way is to type %temp% either in the:

a) Run box located in your Start Menu
b) or in the address bar of the Explorer Window.

You can also go this directory (it's the same thing):

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Temp

(Replace yourusername with your own name)

4. Now run the Setup.exe file...it will connect to the internet to verify that the giveaway period is still on.
5. Don't close the setup/ installer yet...or else you won't be able to proceed with Step 6.
6. Now go back to your Temporary folder and find a file which has a name like this:

weXXXXX.tmp

For example,

we25657.tmp

7. Make a copy of it and place it on your desktop (or anywhere else you like)

8. Rename the file to something else and change the extension to .exe...

For example,

Rename weXXXXX.tmp into NameofsoftwareSetup.exe

8. Right-click on the setup file (NameofsoftwareSetup.exe) and choose Properties.
9. Go to Attributes (it's right at the bottom) and uncheck "Hidden".
10. That's it...you now have the original installer file which you can use to install the program at a later time....

You can now close everything else ( all the temp folders, etc. and if you want, change back your settings back to "Do not show hidden files and folders")

This is a very useful tip if the license key is provided in the Readme.txt or the setup file is already registered and does not require any license key. If the giveaway includes Activate.exe, this tip will not help you in any way.

some GAOTD has to connect to Internet to verify the registered Program, even after giving the Serial
you have to register that software online ....

[

Last edited:
OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
season of (limited) giveaways. 7-Data Recovery 2.0.01 (3 day giveaway). Better than recuva? will have to check. For now i prefer Recuva over everything else.

Knight2A4

In the zone
season of (limited) giveaways. 7-Data Recovery 2.0.01 (3 day giveaway). Better than recuva? will have to check. For now i prefer Recuva over everything else.

Only 1 GB total recovery supported :-( ......... & also my bit defender free edition stopped the web page from been open as it said to have malware after the installation completed ........

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
download link is most likely gone. even direct link will be closed to the public.

can create a mega giveaway thread to list all unrestricted giveaways.

go sheaf .. create a new thread .. we really need one instead all of the cluttered threads here and there.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
go sheaf .. create a new thread .. we really need one instead all of the cluttered threads here and there.

what about the time limited giveaways like these? will need a dedicated thread or all giveaways (limited-unlimited) in 1 thread?

Top Bottom