Give me some scanning tips..

Status
Not open for further replies.

hard_rock

Salieri Family
Hello guyz,
I've got some free time. I borrowed HP Deskjet F380 MFD from my neighbor. I want to convert all those photos which were taken "when-there-was-no-digital-camera-age" to digital format by scanning them to make sure that they are not lost with time.

There are around 300+ photos and I've got plenty of time. In order to scan these photos efficiently with respect to time,quality and easiness, please suggest me some softwares and techniques to scan them.
And also some other points which should be taken care off while scanning to get "best out of" this process..

TIA (Thanks In Advance) :)

satyamy

Alive Again...
scan 1 - 2 photos in 600 dpi & post it here
after that we'll give you some tips to make it look cool

OP
hard_rock

hard_rock

Salieri Family
The file size is 4.01MB.. So I reduced the size to 722KB with Irfan View retaining the resolution (3602x2416).
The file is here
Settings:
Colour: Millions of colours
Scan picture settings: 600dpi
Output format: JPEG

I'm least bothered about the size (Hard disk space) they take, because I will write these files to a DVD.

Well..I think Tiny Pic resized the image when I uploaded there.

Last edited:

satyamy

Alive Again...
In Photoshop
If you press Ctrl+Shift+B (Auto Color) & than used Dust & Scratches Filter
you can get this result

*img443.imageshack.us/img443/9884/4mbwb9jgu8.th.jpg

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
While scanning, set your dpi to a value equal to or above 600. Remember the higher the dpi, the larger the image size is...

And one more thing: Always set the sharpness to zero while scanning. Or you will get a very noisy image.

That's it. After scanning the rest job can be done on Photoshop or paintshop.

OP
hard_rock

hard_rock

Salieri Family
Do I have to do the same thing for 300+ images??? Isnt there any script or some automated process to do it??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom