Gigabyte Motherboard Queries

msankadi

Broken In
Hi

I am planning to assemble an AMD X4 PC for myself and have been doing extensive research on some of the parts. On one of the things I am a little confused and neither Digit nor Google have helped much, so wanted to take help from you guys.

The purpose of my rig is to play movies mainly since I have an Xbox already I dont want to play games on PC, but I would like to make the pc as future proof as possible as long as the mobo is within my 6-7k budget

I am confused in buying the mobo and am at loss as to how to compare the following Gigabyte motherboards that I have shortlisted:

What is the difference/utility and speciality of the following motherboards:

1. GA-MA880GM-UD2H (source: GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3 - GA-880GM-UD2H (rev. 1.0))

2. GA-MA880GMA-UD2H (source: GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3 - GA-880GMA-UD2H (rev. 2.2))

3. GA-MA785GPMT-UD2H $94.99 USD (Source: Building an HTPC on a Budget (part 1) | Home Blog)

Please let me know if you want any other details that could help you to answer my query better.

Thanks in advance for all the help the digitians provide

MnVn

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Its simple -

1. SB710 southbridge. No usb3 and sata3.
2. SB850 with usb3 sata3.

Both have 880G northbridge.

3. 785G + SB710.

Now 2. Has an extra pcie x4 as compared to pci on others. Rest same slots.

OP
M

msankadi

Broken In
@Jaskanwar Singh thanks a lot for the information..from how much I can understand I think going with the second motherboard will be the best option for me then..

Also in some of your posts I have seen you recommend the second board with a price tag of 5.5 k. I tried to find where I can buy it but I cant seem to find the GM(A) motherboard. I reside in bangalore can you please guide me as to where I can buy it for that price? I found this but am not sure if its the second model since it doesnt have any details - Buy "MB 4AMD GigaByte ATI 880G Chipset MA880GM-USB3 " @ Binary World in Bangalore

Is it the same model? Also where can I get the Rev 2 model because now the "Core Unlocker" tech has been added to the board. I did a lot of research on the web on this board last night and found that the onboard graphics can play HD and Bluray movies easily. Do you have any experience with this board, do you agree that it is true?

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H is at 4.5k. 880GMA-UD2H is at 5.5k. the link you gave has a badly overpriced mobo at 5.8k..its around 5k...you would have seen MSI 880GMA E45 in some of my posts. get MSI or Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H..both pretty much same.

i live in Amritsar..no idea of Bangalore.

i have Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H and its onboard HD4250 (same on others except 3.) is more than sufficient for HD movies. note the latest revisions from the gigabyte site and get those when you buy.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ i think SMC International, based in Delhi sells it for that price. order it.

about the revision, its really hard to order a motherboard with a particular revision until you buying it personally. also i not sure if the revision mentioned on the box. so its just a test of luck.

@jassy, always that "60sec" faster than me :smile:

Last edited:
OP
M

msankadi

Broken In
Thanks both of you for the wonderful replies and advise..

@ Jas I am confused about this "880GMA-UD2H is at 5.5k. the link you gave has a badly overpriced mobo at 5.8k..its around 5k..." does this mean the board is for 5k or 5.5k?

Also do you know someplace where I can maybe see a comparison of the MSI Model and the Gigabyte model?

@Sam I tried the SMC website but they dont have this model :(

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
the Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H is at 5.5k and Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3 is at 5k. later lacks sata3. MSI and 5.5k Gigabyte model are almost same buddy, features wise also. if you want to compare just open their websites and see. regarding SMC mail them or call them..most of the products are not listed on their website.

@sam..now a days i am trying AIRTEL GPRS instead of BSNL broadband, so a lag of 60sec instead of 1-2sec :lol:

OP
M

msankadi

Broken In
Thanks a lot Jas

One final question...when I order from SMC do they provide the bill etc? Have you ever dealt with them how was your experience? When a part doesnt work do they help to reclaim warranty or I need to go to the manufacturer?

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
i had ordered my pc from smc only. yup they provide bill. you can contact the local manufacturer for warranty or send the product to them if no local service center.

@sammy
congrats buddy :)

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
sammy i mean congrats for future :-D

BTW why isnt cpuz validator img not been shown in my siggy even though its uploaded.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
sammy i mean congrats for future :-D

BTW why isnt cpuz validator img not been shown in my siggy even though its uploaded.

:lol: thanks. but not sure about the mobile. parents not ready to let me buy a new mobile.

thats a problem with TDF or is disabled by admin. i tried uploading a pic in signature (in july). it accepts but doesn't shows. ask ICO.

Top Bottom