Gigabyte Ex58 UD5 got spacing problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicky2008

Broken In
Is it true that the Gigabyte Ex58 UD5 has some serious spacing problem. You cannot place 2 graphics cards and a PCI card together ? (Read it somewhere)

Please help me as I was thinking of buying this motherboard. I want to make sure that I can use it to configure a 2-Way/3-Way ATI CrossFireX™/NVIDIA SLI with other PCI addon cards.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I dont think 3way SLI will be possible(Well depends on what card you are using)
If you use the huge 5series card's from ATI, it won't be possible. Well you can use the last PCI-E slot but in that case you wont be able to use PCI slot. In 2way SLI too using of a PCI slot will be tiresome.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I cannot even find that board. Can you give the link for it.

Though you will not get x16 x16 x16 on three slots. It will move to x16 x16 x8 or x16 x16 x4. You could mount a card on the 2nd PCI connector. The one next to the heat sink is quite useless.

OP
V

vicky2008

Broken In
Is there any x58 board that can be used to configure atleast 2 way crossfire using two cards like ati 5850 with a PCI card like a wireless wifi card ?

if you go for sli 2 way or cf 2 way you can't use the pci slot, not possible in any of the similar boards from gigabyte, so I planned to never go for cf or sli and settled for single hd 5850, as I needed that single pci slot very badly.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
See these boards.

MSI Eclipse Plus (3 way SLI/Xfire with x16 x16 x16 -- you can put the accelerator on the 1st and 4th slots and have space for the PCI)

MSI X58 Platinum

MSI X58 PRO

MSI X58 PRO-E USB3

MSI X58 Platinum SLI

MSI X58 PRO-E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom