Getting Rid of TataSky...

OP
H

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Just to update you guys... I have got a Videocon D2H connection. Didn't go for the DishTV as it had some channels missing and fewer regional channels. I have room mates, so the viewing preferences vary a lot. And its hard to find a DTH connection which satisfies everyone's choice.

Till now the experience is good. I am impressed by the features and options. Its my new play-thing of sorts.

I ordered it on Saturday at around 13:00 afternoon. Next day i got a call from the engineer at around 12:00 and the installation was done. The engineer was helpful and suggested ways to save money. So i shouldn't say that they were trying to rob me. 12m of wire is free. So he suggested that we use the TataSky wire which we had already paid for and to keep the 12m which is free as spare. So that would save our pockets.

Cost of installation: Rs. 1590 and nothing extra!

Till now what i have seen:
Picture: 8/10.
Sound: 9/10.
Features: 8.5/10. The set top box and remote is black and looks awesome! Packed with a lot of cool features.

Cons: Interface is slow, but its not painful.

Only thing remains is the long term service, which only time would tell.

Bring on the Champions League Quarter Finals!!! Yeaaaah! :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I feel UI of Tata Sky is lot better than Dish TV.

For some reason, I found using Dish TV a lot harder than Tata Sky.

Dish maybe a bit cheaper but Tata Sky is better overall

I am kind of Bumping this up .

I am not a tata subscriber but this is a useful info for all Tata Sky users . Tune into Channel 417 .

Ten Action has arrived .

sanithkk81

Broken In
In my opinion go for Big TV! :owned: It is cheap and good. But UI is not up to the mark :duh2: Last week it was raining in chennai and there were signal problems. I was not able to watch IPL for half an hour :-x . Whether this problem occurs in other DTH providers also ? :aaargh:

sanithkk81

Broken In
@xtremevicky Thanks for the info!
Yes, it is common problem faced by all DTH users.
I wanted to 24X7 uninterrupted signal with nice picture quality. I got fed up with my cablewala and his service and thats why I took DTH. I am shocked to hear this. What will I do during moonson :shock: (usually in chennai rainy season will last only for a week though :p) I hope in future DTH providers will find a solution for this problem.
:eeksign:

I been using Airtel TV since Jan 2010 . It rained a lot last year in Bhopal and my Signal went out say once or twice for 1 hour max .

personal experience .

Krow

Crowman
I wanted to 24X7 uninterrupted signal with nice picture quality. I got fed up with my cablewala and his service and thats why I took DTH. I am shocked to hear this. What will I do during moonson :shock: (usually in chennai rainy season will last only for a week though :p) I hope in future DTH providers will find a solution for this problem.
:eeksign:

During rains, the signal drops for a while before returning. This happened when it was raining heavily in Chennai last year.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Signal drops for max 30 minutes in big cities coz by then, the signal frequency is increased to reach us.