Getting a surround sound speaker system

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohan

In the zone
The title may be misleading.. i don't exactly want to buy a surround sound system.. but rather i want to build one. What has happened is this..

Recently, my audio player went R.I.P... so i'm left with it's 4 speakers [2 front, each 1500W and two rear, each 400W]. Plus i have 2 speakers, don't know the watt rating, which are basic 2.1 desktop speakers. So.. is there a way in which i can assemble a surround sound system. Like, i buy a sound card.. and it has like 2-3 ports for front/rear/side and i plug my speakers to it..

If that is the case.. how much would a decent sound card cost. I want it to be 'sasta and tikau'.. no features needed other than channel splitting.

OP
rohan

rohan

In the zone
Ok.. i got a T-Link 4-channel soundcard and it has 4 TRS connector. One of 'em is an input for the microphone.. so I have three outputs now. One of them is black, one green and one blue.

I have no idea how to setup a surround sound system [or something that resembles that] with this setup.

The soundcard got detected, installed and everything went fine. So no problems with that.

Then i connected the two speaker systems with it and both of them are playing the exact same audio.. i mean.. i can't make out a difference between a front/rear setup or anything.

Also.. is it possible for me dedicate a speaker line to LFE [i.e. a woofer]. How do I go about doing this? The sound card came with no manual or anything and there is no mention of a sound card on the T-Link website.

thanks,
rohan

OP
rohan

rohan

In the zone
How about Z-5500????!!!!

is that a sound card?? because if it is.. i'm not investing into anything anymore. I have already bought a soundcard (second post).. and i just wanted to know if there was something i could do on the software level [like the DirectAudio API] or something that could allow me to alter the audio channels somehow.

thanks,
rohan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom