Get Dataone to be already connected at start-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetopcyborg

Journeyman
hey all u guys,
i hv an adsl dataone connection, home-500 plan....i want to know that how can i get it to be already started at start of windows????

i thought we cud do it be making an always-on connection but it isn't working that way....

pls tell me, my friend has done this and he wont tell me how...pls tell me

i repeat: how to get the net already started when windows load

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Well, logically your answer would be to add the dialler to the startup process...

What your friend here has done is, configured his router, via *192.168.1.1 [id: admin, pass: admin]

OP
thetopcyborg

thetopcyborg

Journeyman
if i add the dialer to the startup process, the dialer wud open, not the connection, isn't it?????i wud still hv to click on connect to connect

and how has he configured his router? i hv d-link 502-t

Last edited:

deepgeek2

Broken In
Go to Control Panel --> Network Connections --> Select the network to which you dial-->right click -->Properties-->"OPTIONS TAB"--> Uncheck "Prompt for name Passwords,certificates etc."-->Click OK-->The add your dialler to Startup.
You are done

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
if u r talkin abt a D-LINK 502t...then i think u can store ur id/pw in the modem menu...and tang u will have an always on connection

jus install the software tht comes with it
and open the homepage i.e. *192.168.1.1/

and enter ur details ...and the VCI/VCP numbers for dataone are 0 & 35 respectively

and let the modem restart....and u will be done

for more info check the general thread for dataone

P.S this procedure will not work the hawaei modem given wid dataone

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Erm, configuring the router is similar to that Linux sticky on the same topic, i cant explain all the changes but all are mentioned in that sticky there in Open Source section.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
why not eneter the vaules(id& pass) in router itself. for this change the settings to pppoe from 192.168.1.1.and then u don't need to dial anything. also in xp just open web broswer & chek ur mail.the net will work fine.as its always on!

P.S:if u add it to start up it will slow down ur system by little bit

OP
thetopcyborg

thetopcyborg

Journeyman
hmmm, i entered my user/pass. info through the wizard....now there is no connected icon in the taskbar....how can i know how much data has been transfered?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Control Panel > Network Connections > Right click on the working connection icon > Properties > Check "Show icon in notification area when connected"

OP
thetopcyborg

thetopcyborg

Journeyman
hey thanx qwertmaniac.....y didn't i think of that....
by the way, nice change of avatar QwertManiac....made that urself?

irc0x00

Right off the assembly line
Well there is a method to auto-dial , so tat the Adsl gets connected when u switch on the router .. SO tat whenever u switch on ur router (or Adsl ATUr/modem) ur connection gets automatically dialled .. so no need for using any dialers .. u can configure tat frm within the routers config .. if u dont know how, plz ask :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom