Get a Domain Name and Hosting Space for free !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
No, it is not a spam. No hidden terms or lock ups. Its just a way to share a small part of what I get with you.

So what is in the box. 1 .com domain name, 4x250MB (2.5GB bandwidth) space for someone lucky in ThinkDigit Forum. So, there will be 4 lucky members who get:

1. Domain name (.com for 1 year) + Hosting Space (250 MB)
2. Hosting Space (250 MB)
3. Hosting Space (250 MB)
4. Hosting Space (250 MB)

The lucky ones !
1. thewisecrab
2. gary4gar
3. QwertyManiac
4 -

Details will be sent to them within few days :p

Next giveaway will be in the month of February. And I wish if some Thinkdigitian's could come together for this and serve the purpose of this thread. Shelling a few bucks once in a year (or if more generous then may be bimonthly) will not be much for working classes here :)

Yes, it is totally free. There is no catch.

Here is what all you have to do:
a. In reply tell me the reason and for what purpose you need it.
b. Each member should reply only once and do not spam.
c. Do not spam my Inbox, no need to PM (I will simply ignore them).

PS: I hope this is not against the forum rules.

Last edited:

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
I need a domain name to have my own personal website. I need to move on from free stuff like Wordpress. :D

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Need some Hosting space.

Reason:
I have a Shitty blog .
Have moderate space requirements. Currently its running on blogger, but i want to move it to wordpress as its more flexible. The main need is for reliable hosting, else here are many free hosts around.

Being a Student, I am always end up being short of money when it comes to buying on hosting:D

btw,
@jeet
Why are you doing saamag seva here? :p

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
I know you have quite a lot of web space and bandwidth in your personal hosting...

But domain, you going to buy from your pocket money ??????

I have a VPS with 1 TB bandwidth, I have kept it only for personal use, I won't do stunts like this and get my CPU allocation screwed ! you bet.

2.5 GB ?? it will get over with in a day for me. :cool:

red_devil

Back!
ah i could do with a domain name ..i have a filthy blog myself and have always been move on... credit crunch did me in.

PS : T, good service indeed..

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Need some Hosting space.

Reason:
I have a Shitty blog .
Have moderate space requirements. Currently its running on blogger, but i want to move it to wordpress as its more flexible. The main need is for reliable hosting, else here are many free hosts around.

Being a Student, I am always end up being short of money when it comes to buying on hosting:D

btw,
@jeet
Why are you doing saamag seva here? :p
I think I will give it on first come first serve basis. I will get back to you in the evening.
The space is getting wasted for neraly 1 year, so I thought of sharing it. Sharing is caring :D

I need a domain name to have my own personal website. I need to move on from free stuff like Wordpress. :D
You got my attention stalker :D

I know you have quite a lot of web space and bandwidth in your personal hosting...

But domain, you going to buy from your pocket money ??????

I have a VPS with 1 TB bandwidth, I have kept it only for personal use, I won't do stunts like this and get my CPU allocation screwed ! you bet.

2.5 GB ?? it will get over with in a day for me. :cool:
^^lol..I know that. Yours is a high traffic site and primarily meant for business. I prefer personal bloggers, which hardly utilize any CPU cycle and more than 2GB bandwidth/month. Its better to use remaining space then let it get wasted.

ah i could do with a domain name ..i have a filthy blog myself and have always been move on... credit crunch did me in.

PS : T, good service indeed..
I can only afford 1 domain name :( May be next month I can have some bucks for another domain name :)

PS: I wish to see other working members doing something like this too :D:idea: A wishful thinking :p

Last edited:
OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Could I know your host's capabilities before participating? I'm looking to run Django-based web apps.
You will need a better hosting (incase you are trying to start some online service) for that with some initial investment. I can only provide for personal websites/blog.

Mine wordpress blog is hosted on the same host. Bascially you get CPanel and all the required normal things.

Although I've placed orders for domains and hosting for my friends, I've never had the cash to buy one for myself. :|
Also, I always wanted a place (on the net) where I can rant about stuff I always wanted to. :D
So I guess your are offering hosting with Cpanel+Fantastico?

ambika

learnhardy
hey why this .......social work...?? Kind man .....aha!!

I am going for a free domain .....to build my kathak site ......in hindi .
visit my blog .....www.kathakguru.blogspot.com

this website is .....totally devoted to ......celebrate classical indian dance form......kathak.
Its just for ........exchanging my knowledge ...... i m not engaged in any kathak institute ....
its simply for sharing knowledge with interested individual.....etc .
if u like .......u can provide me that .....domain.........otherwise freehosting ....is fine.thanks.

akshalok

Right off the assembly line
I hope I'm not too late. I want a domain for a small publication house. The website will be about promoting local literature and stuffs like that.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
You will need a better hosting (incase you are trying to start some online service) for that with some initial investment. I can only provide for personal websites/blog.

Mine wordpress blog is hosted on the same host. Bascially you get CPanel and all the required normal things.
My web app is primarily my own blog with a few small addons. No social stuff. But good offer :)

And what do you mean normal? :))

red_devil

Back!
^ arrey what controversy ?? T has space, he wants to share.... he'll share it with anyone he wants to... i dont see any controversy happening here... [unless the mods do something like locking up this thread or banning T :rolleyes: ]

Status
Not open for further replies.