** General thread for "Dual SIM" mobile phone suggestions **

sujoyp

Grand Master
I have one spice dual sim M4242 and I am soo pissed off with its UI that I just stopeed using it after 4-5 days...
I should have stayed with Nokia and samsung duals

sumit05

In the zone
Help need to buy a cheap dual sim phone

Should have FM/Music playback & gud battery life.
As cheap as possible but preferably around Rs. 1500 :smile:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Re: Help need to buy a cheap dual sim phone

Nokia X1-01 if you want good battery life & music playback. else you'll have to go for local players.

tango_cash

In the zone
hi! i need a dual ACTIVE sim mobile, what are my options??are there any ACTIVE dual sim phones from companies like spice, micromax, maxx, mvl, lava etc. is there any new ACTIVE dual sim phone to be launched in near future??
thank u.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I have a doubt, which is bugging me since months now.

I want to know the "precise" difference between "Dual SIM Standby " and "Dual SIM Active".

According to what I am aware of, Standby refers to the setup, where both SIM works at same time. But if I am on a call on Sim1, then I won't get any notification of miss calls if someone would try to call me on Sim2.

But, Active refers to the setup, where if I am on a call on Sim1, then I can also be notified if someone is calling me on Sim2.

I am asking this query since I have to look for a good dual sim phone, from brands like, Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericsson and LG, for a friend. (No Micromax genre of brands).

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Hi, I'm looking for good dual Sim phone with call recording feature, the price lie between 0 to 2000 (500 + & -). Any brand.

Last edited:

ajith025

Broken In
I have a doubt, which is bugging me since months now.

I want to know the "precise" difference between "Dual SIM Standby " and "Dual SIM Active".

According to what I am aware of, Standby refers to the setup, where both SIM works at same time. But if I am on a call on Sim1, then I won't get any notification of miss calls if someone would try to call me on Sim2.

But, Active refers to the setup, where if I am on a call on Sim1, then I can also be notified if someone is calling me on Sim2.

I am asking this query since I have to look for a good dual sim phone, from brands like, Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericsson and LG, for a friend. (No Micromax genre of brands).

Dual SIM StandBy - Both sim connections will be ready for receiving/making calls. But if u use sim 1 for call, then your sim2 is switched off. so a friend calling ur sim 2 will get number not reachable/sw off message.

Dual SIM Active - Both sim connections will be ready for receiving/making calls. if call engaged on sim 1 and ur friend call to sim2 u will get alert for an incoming call and ur friend will get call waiting message,,,

jimcage289

Right off the assembly line
You must go with Micromax Q56.Its price is around 4,000.It is a Dual SIM phone with swivel QWERTY keypad

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ I think you missed this:

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Hey guys

am planning to buy a new phone, budget is appx 5500. Had zeroed in on the Spice MI 280, on paper it seems pretty awesome (the specs are comparable to Samsung galaxy pop + gingerbread). However most of the shopkeepers are pretty negative about spice. I guess the alternate would be a samsung champ duos or something. Please give some suggestions on spice

1) long term performance, people say that it's battery life drops drastically within a year
2) service centers - can they fix stuff

Top Bottom