GeForce 7 series : 7800 GTX launched

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gxsaurav

Nvidia has launched the GeFore 7800 GTX card, begining their transition to the GeForce 7 series, this card was code named G70, & the most important it's available through channel partners even in india immidiately (Gigabyte & Asus), although on order

Review

*www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2451&p=2

as confirmed already it is a 24 pipelines based card with 8 vertex pipelines, so that it can help also in the workstation tasks, where geometry processing is a vital aspect of rendering

It also supports the CineFX 4.0 engine & a few other nvidia centric technologies, no more shader replacement as the compiler is preety nicely tuned

It also supports all the features of GeForce 6 Series like Pure video & HD decoding in hardware, so one can decoder H.264 based contents with the gfx card also

This card is meant to be used with high resolution, however considering the architecture & performance, when Nvidia released the 7600 series even that will be more then enough for playing games at 1024X768 & 4x AA & 4X Anis, for a long time, as Nvidia will be launching the next GeForce 8 series only after 2 years (approx)

godzi_85

In the zone
geforce 8 series after 2 years???? hmmm. how would be the gefo.rce 6 series hold up.. esp 6600 gt.. after one year?? i`m interested in knowing that..

there would also be the agp variant of the 7xxx series...
hmmm i thnk it would be a lot costlier right now.. try it after a few months....
Nvidia would`nt want the 7xxx series competing with the 6xxx series which is still very good.. so i do`nt expect the prices to be anywhere near thr 6xxx series. they do`nt wanna kill the market for the 6600 gt which is still growing rapidly..

ammusk

Journeyman
check this out

guru3d

*www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/229/

ammusk

btw also the latest nvidia drivers have been released v77.72
*nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Delpiero

Journeyman
godzi_85 said:
geforce 8 series after 2 years???? hmmm. how would be the gefo.rce 6 series hold up.. esp 6600 gt.. after one year?? i`m interested in knowing that..

there would also be the agp variant of the 7xxx series...
hmmm i thnk it would be a lot costlier right now.. try it after a few months....
Nvidia would`nt want the 7xxx series competing with the 6xxx series which is still very good.. so i do`nt expect the prices to be anywhere near thr 6xxx series. they do`nt wanna kill the market for the 6600 gt which is still growing rapidly..
Yeah good question. Not sure how long would 6600Gt would hold on. The 7xxx series would kill the 6xxx series. Damn it. :evil: BTW 7xxx series costs $900 which means when it comes to india it would cost about Rs 70-80,000. :shock: It has been launched by MSI.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
where did u get the $900 price??!?!? 7800gtx is $600 with a 600w psu on tiger direct. It'll be like 30k in India.... but it is a boon as the prices of the 6xxx series will come crashing down :) :twisted: :twisted:

Delpiero

Journeyman
mail2and said:
where did u get the $900 price??!?!? 7800gtx is $600 with a 600w psu on tiger direct. It'll be like 30k in India.... but it is a boon as the prices of the 6xxx series will come crashing down :) :twisted: :twisted:
Yeah i just checked and it's $600. Somebody posted in the forum that it costs $900. The prices of the 6xxx series will fall down but they will also get old very quickly. So i am not sure it'll be a boon or not.

rohanbee said:
and i just bought the 6800............

Congratulations :eek: . Which brand is it? And how much much did it cost you? Is it plain 6800?

OP
G

gxsaurav

7800 is too costly for inda right now, I would say that till the time we wait for the prices to fall down we will be having GeForce 7600 series for the mainstream with about 12 pipelines(guess only), & the new architecture, so it's like we will be having the performance of GeForce 6800 non ultra (NV43) with purevideo for Rs 12k

7800? Wow, this card has more pipelines than the street that I live next to. Maybe our city corporation can learn something from nVidia :lol: :lol:

-Keith

7800? Wow, this card has more pipelines than the street that I live next to. Maybe our city corporation can learn something from nVidia :lol: :lol:

-Keith

-Keith

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
costs about 600$ .... probably around the 40k mark in india ... ..... am really impressed by its performance ... now i've a reason to upgrade to a pcix combo .....

o btw ... a 6600GT will last quite long in countries like ours .... where rpice matters over performance ...

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hey guys check out the Comparison tests of the GeForce 7800 GTX(256 MB) with other cards...
*hardware.gamespot.com/Compare-C-20562-1-9-9

now thats sumthing that we call a COmparison test...... :wink: :wink:
Looks like the number of pipelines will safely cover up the problems of WATER SHORTAGE in my area and toilets...... :D :D

Cheers n e-peace.....

Sourabh

Laptoping
@ashu:

mebbe u wod be more happy now after reading all these reviews :p

ATI-News.de
3D Center
AnandTech
Beyond3D
Digit-Life
ExtremeTech
FiringSquad
Guru3D
HardOCP
Hardware-Mag (in German)
Hardware Secrets (Launch Coverage)
Hardware Zone
Hartware.net (in German)
Hexus
Hot Hardware
HTPCnews (NVIDIA Editor's Day & Hands-on Preview)
Neoseeker
Noticias3D (in Spanish)
PC INpact (in French)
PC Perspective
Penstar Systems
Planet3DNow (in German)
t-break
TechNic3D (in German)
The Tech Report
Tom's Hardware
X-bit Labs

Some ppl have all the luck :|