Gaming Rig Budget 70k

1manshow

Journeyman
Assuming you are taking an atx mobo, Corsair vengeance (in slot nearest the proc) will conflict, unless you relocate the fan in the opposite side. And you cant add another fan for a push-pull config. Alternately, you can shift the ram modules a slot away from the proc.
Or else just simply get the ripjaws XD

You will have to orient the cooler in a particular way or do some jugaad! Plus you won't be able to add another fan

I was able to install the same CPU cooler the normal way in a push/pull config without any conflicts. Though I had to install Ram modules in 2nd and 4th slot in order to accommodate the extra fan on cooler.:mrgreen:

Myth

Cyborg Agent
I was able to install the same CPU cooler the normal way in a push/pull config without any conflicts. Though I had to install Ram modules in 2nd and 4th slot in order to accommodate the extra fan on cooler.:mrgreen:

Luckily you had spare properly functioning slots to shift to.
The fan can also sit on the ram but then you would have to remove the fan everytime you wish to remove/change the ram :p

OP
M

Manas Saraswat

Broken In
ohk thanks!

i need a ups too people as mentioned in my last post!
i need backup for like 20 secs as i get power back through gen.
which ups to get! i dont wana spend big

guys should i go for asus mobo or gigabyte?

gigabyte z77mx is for 8k and got very good reviews! my range is till 8k! suggest a good mobo.

cant go for asus 8z77 v series its too costly!

1manshow

Journeyman
Luckily you had spare properly functioning slots to shift to.
The fan can also sit on the ram but then you would have to remove the fan everytime you wish to remove/change the ram :p

Almost all mid-high end boards have 4 slots of RAM these days, so not much trouble with it. Also why would anyone need to remove/change RAM so often? Even then it's very easy to remove fan from cooler as it's not screwed.

Anyway, if OP has not bought any RAM yet, I would also advice to go for low height RAM like G.Skill.

OP
M

Manas Saraswat

Broken In
tf3 due to its cooling

got the sapphire! read a review tf3 gives lower fps! :p

also sapphire overclocked is a bomb!

guys i built my new rig! yeayy

the sad part is it wont start! i have no idea y...when i press the power switch on the chassis..it starts then closes in a sec! i checked all the connections twice..everything is tight..and configured correctly!

also i noticed that the hdd doesnt vibrate and neither does its led on the chassis blink..all other components start in that 2 secs! except the hdd.

y isnt it starting?! should i replace the hdd?? :(

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Try with different cables and ports for the hdd. Data and power both.
Bios is not detecting hdd ?

OP
M

Manas Saraswat

Broken In
lol guys im sorry :p

i didnt connect the atx 12 cable to motherboard..lmao how nooby! its working now...:DDDDD

the only thing is that cable is really short..so it wont go over my 7870! :(

i need a converter..an atx12 to atx12..is there something like that?!

If you have got any good PSU then the length of the cable will be long enough to go behind the board and connect to the top of the board for the CPU power. I think you are doing something wrong. It should not go over the board. It will be behind it.

Which Cabinet do you have?

OP
M

Manas Saraswat

Broken In
i bought cm 431 plus cabinet, and damn iCool psu (had to compromise)..now the damn atx 4-pin cable is 1-inch too short. Dammit, and i cant find an atx extension cable anywhere.

Top Bottom