Gaming Rig Advice <50K

OP
S

Small_town_boy

Broken In
There is no B320 mobo

Correct me if i am wrong, as per my knowledge below MOBO supports Ryzen..
ASUS MOTHERBOARD PRIME A320M-K (AMD SOCKET AM4/RYZEN SERIES CPU/MAX 32GB DDR4-3200MHZ MEMORY)

Please have a look at these,
a320m mobo - Newegg.com

Last edited:

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Ya..i guess it's better to buy monitor now..which of the below combo is better..

B320 mobo+ryzen 5 1500X
or
B350 mobo+ryzen 5 1400

It is A320 and B350 .. if you go for any of the above combo , you will exceed your budget.. are you going to add more money to your budget or cut costs somewhere ?

Last edited:

89praveen

Broken In
CPU - Ryzen 1400 - 12,000
PSU - Seasonic 520 - 5, 500
Ram - 8gb corsair - 4,300
Monitor - Lg Freesync - 9,000
Mobo - A320 asus - 5,300
GPU - Rx 570 - 12,000

total 48k .. you are left with 4k as your max budget was 52k
Use your old 500gb hard disk for now .. and buy new when you have the cash
Sell your rig as separate components on forums... or
if you have to sell your old rig as a complete setup locally , then get the cheapest 2nd hand hard disk and sell that off with that old rig ..

get a good case for Rs 3,200-3,500 and 600-700 rs for old hard disk to bundle with your old rig..

There is no certainty regarding GST .. tax rate may jump from 5 % right now to 18 % or 12 % from 1st july ..

so get the monitor ( big amount item ) and a good case now , be at low risk as dollar is also low right now + tax uncertainity .. and leave hard disk for future..

let sunil bro recommend a good case ..
Where can I get rx570 for 12000... incredible price???

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

OP
S

Small_town_boy

Broken In
It is A320 and B350 .. if you go for any of the above combo , you will exceed your budget.. are you going to add more money to your budget or cut costs somewhere ?

:oops::oops: sorry i meant A320..:p, got a bit carried away there..
Just wanted to be sure on which was the better combo before buying...still thinking about monitor, in a dilemma whether to buy new one or not...
i cant seem to find any reviews on A320 mobo's....are they any good...?

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
:oops::oops: sorry i meant A320..:p, got a bit carried away there..
Just wanted to be sure on which was the better combo before buying...still thinking about monitor, in a dilemma whether to buy new one or not...
i cant seem to find any reviews on A320 mobo's....are they any good...?

it also depends upon luck .. if you get a Ryzen 1400 that can easily overclock to 3.7-3.8ghz then B350 + 1400..

if you get a ryzen 1400 that doesn't overclock to more than 3.5 ghz , then A320 +1500x while being cheaper with a better cooler..

like this Got a terrible 1400 :( • r/Amd

in most games you will be GPU bottlenecked , in a few games where higher clock speeds will matter , freesync will take care of low fps or drops below 60 fps..
with Freesync even 45 fps feels smooth ,
My experience with FreeSync. • r/Amd
Freesync is the bomb. • r/Amd
Just got an rx 480 and am finally able to use FreeSync. Oh my God... • r/Amd

read more on reddit..

i would put money into getting the monitor first ..much better visuals , Smoother Gameplay experience than few extra fps i could get with a slightly better CPU or GPU ..

So my opinion is Freesync + 1400 + A320 within the limited budget . .than skipping monitor and going for better CPU ..

check these
AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Review

rest research more and decide or let other members give their opinion..

Last edited:

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Regarding A320 board .. Low end boards gets less coverage , so you may have to wait for reviews for quite some time as they haven't properly launched ...
Stick with Asus or Gigabyte ..
make sure , all the capacitors are solid/polymer caps .. Asus has all solid caps.. even gigabyte
Asus has 6 power phases , gigabyte has 7 .. the more the better if the quality of VRM is same.. less heat , lower temp , longer life
check specs and ports ..
A320 board does not have MOSFET heatsinks, like B350 but with no overclocking and low TDP cpu , it shouldn't matter much

rest you can post images of both gigabyte and asus A320 board on badcaps.net and overclock.net and other similar technical forum and ask which of these boards is a better designed unit , quality of VRM etc

OP
S

Small_town_boy

Broken In
it also depends upon luck .. if you get a Ryzen 1400 that can easily overclock to 3.7-3.8ghz then B350 + 1400..

if you get a ryzen 1400 that doesn't overclock to more than 3.5 ghz , then A320 +1500x while being cheaper with a better cooler..

like this Got a terrible 1400 :( • r/Amd

in most games you will be GPU bottlenecked , in a few games where higher clock speeds will matter , freesync will take care of low fps or drops below 60 fps..
with Freesync even 45 fps feels smooth ,
My experience with FreeSync. • r/Amd
Freesync is the bomb. • r/Amd
Just got an rx 480 and am finally able to use FreeSync. Oh my God... • r/Amd

read more on reddit..

i would put money into getting the monitor first ..much better visuals , Smoother Gameplay experience than few extra fps i could get with a slightly better CPU or GPU ..

So my opinion is Freesync + 1400 + A320 within the limited budget . .than skipping monitor and going for better CPU ..

check these
AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Review

rest research more and decide or let other members give their opinion..

Thank you very much for this info, looking at those reddit threads makes me wonder whether it's better to go with a 1400 than say a i5-7400..

So it's decided then, ryzen 1400+A320 MoBo..

OP
S

Small_town_boy

Broken In
OP Please specify your final configuaration.

Haven't gone out looking for parts yet(except for the graphics card), this is what i am hoping to get at.

>Ryzen 5 1400 - 12.5K
>Gigabyte or Asus A320 MoBO - 5K
>Asus ROG Strix RX570 Gaming Edition 4GB - 12.2K
>Corsair Vengeance LPX @2400Mhz 8GB DDR4 - 4.5K
>Seasonic 520W - 5.5K
>Circle CC 821 Case - 3K
>LG Freesync monitor - 9K
Total ~52K, gonna skip HDD for now will use my old HDD..

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Thank you very much for this info, looking at those reddit threads makes me wonder whether it's better to go with a 1400 than say a i5-7400..

i5/ 4c/4t isn't future proof.. in battlefield 1 multiplayer it is at 100 % utilization already .. even with 1050ti as mentioned in the comment section in ryzen 1400 battlefield video

plus 1151 socket is old now , after 8th gen intel might release a new one.. and it is unlikely that intel will allow even 8th gen cpus on h110 boards... with amd AM4 you will be able to upgrade cpu to newer zen 3 after 2-3 years without changing motherboard..

Do also ask about gigabyte vs Asus A320 board with no Mosfet heatsink for 1400 on overclock.net and badcap.net just to be sure ...

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Don't worry, Ryzen 5 1400 is better than Intel i5.

Check out videos like these:

Ryzen 5 1400 utilisation = 50-60% during games, whereas Intel i5-7500's utilusation = 80-90%. FPS is more or less same and there is so much room in Ryzen. And, it will gain more when game devs optimise games for it.

However, if, if, you can fetch ₹4000 more and get Ryzen 5 1600, then two extra cores (6 cores/12 threads) are absolutely worth it.

Last edited:
OP
S

Small_town_boy

Broken In
i5/ 4c/4t isn't future proof.. in battlefield 1 multiplayer it is at 100 % utilization already .. even with 1050ti as mentioned in the comment section in ryzen 1400 battlefield video

plus 1151 socket is old now , after 8th gen intel might release a new one.. and it is unlikely that intel will allow even 8th gen cpus on h110 boards... with amd AM4 you will be able to upgrade cpu to newer zen 3 after 2-3 years without changing motherboard..

Do also ask about gigabyte vs Asus A320 board with no Mosfet heatsink for 1400 on overclock.net and badcap.net just to be sure ...

Thanks, will confirm on A320 boards,
among the B350 boards which is the better one?

OP
S

Small_town_boy

Broken In
Don't worry, Ryzen 5 1400 is better than Intel i5.

Check out videos like these:

Ryzen 5 1400 utilisation = 50-60% during games, whereas Intel i5-7500's utilusation = 80-90%. FPS is more or less same and there is so much room in Ryzen. And, it will gain more when game devs optimise games for it.

However, if, if, you can fetch ₹4000 more and get Ryzen 5 1600, then two extra cores (6 cores/12 threads) are absolutely worth it.

no way i can afford the 1600, it's either 1400 or 1500X, after a bit of research have come to conclusion that there is no point in spending 2-2.5K more for 1500X since the gains are very minimal when coupled with every level GPU.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks, will confirm on A320 boards,
among the B350 boards which is the better one?

hmm.. i liked gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 , but people are experiencing higher vrm temps .. also better ask rcuber .. he is using one .. and will be able to advice you better

50K PC Upgrade for Gaming/Streaming - CPU+ RAM + MOBO

Asus one has the best vrm temps from this review..

VRM temps.

research more on this , until then i would say Asus Prime B350 Plus

Last edited:
Top Bottom