Gaming/ programming PC for ~Rs. 70k

archit12

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Lots of programming involving cpu and gpu intensive algorithms, virtual machines and parallel programming. Applications would include multiple instances of Visual Studio and VirtuaBox running together. Apart from that, modern game releases such as Assasins creed unity and Call of duty Advanced Warfare
2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:Rs 70k, that's as far as I can go

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 8, primarily

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:Not needed

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:No

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:I think it would be better if I answer which ones I need to buy. I need a new CPU, a new PSU, a new cabinet and a new motherboard

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:~6 months

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:I have.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Patna, I can buy from anywhere around the globe depending on the cost

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:I have the following list made up, comments would be highly appreciated

NXZT h440 case - Buy Online NZXT H440 ATX Mid Tower Case Chassis Cabinet in India
Intel Core I7-4790K - Buy Online Intel Core I7-4790K 4.0 GHz Processor in india
Corsair AX 760
Asus Z97-A, probably

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Virtual Machines..! So go for minimum 8gb ram.

I recommend 16gb if you are going to Run multiple Win 7 configured to use 2gb ram each. I mean if you are going to Run Visual studio on big projects in every VM.. I am not sure even if 16 is enough.

I also recommend dual screen setup. Makes programming jobs damn easy. And also virtuals running on 2nd screen.

OP
A

archit12

Yeah, even I prefer CUDA.

You'll be buying after 6 months? If that's the case then start a thread just a few weeks before you intend to make the purchase.

Seems like it. I'm looking for a system upgrade it's just that my current one gets the job done.

Virtual Machines..! So go for minimum 8gb ram.

I recommend 16gb if you are going to Run multiple Win 7 configured to use 2gb ram each. I mean if you are going to Run Visual studio on big projects in every VM.. I am not sure even if 16 is enough.

I also recommend dual screen setup. Makes programming jobs damn easy. And also virtuals running on 2nd screen.

I have 12 GB right now. I use virtual boxes for linux only.

No sense in starting a thread 6 months before buddy. Products suggested now eill be outdated till then prices will be irrelevant and new products will be launched.

OP
A

archit12

I guess you're right but I am looking for a case to buy immediately. So suggestion for cases would be highly appreciated

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Intel Core i7 4790K -23500,
Asus Z97-K -10500,
Corsair Vengeance 8GB(4GBx2) 1600Mhz -6200,
Corsair RM750 -9200,
NZXT H440 -8500,
Sapphire R9 270x 2GB Dual-X -13900.
TOTAL -71,800.

OP
A

archit12

Intel Core i7 4790K -23500,
Asus Z97-K -10500,
Corsair Vengeance 8GB(4GBx2) 1600Mhz -6200,
Corsair RM750 -9200,
NZXT H440 -8500,
Sapphire R9 270x 2GB Dual-X -13900.
TOTAL -71,800.

Like I said, no GPU and RAM, I have them already. Where is the 4790k selling for 23.5k?