Gaming PC for 45-50k

OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
ahem ahem...which mobo to go for?
And any good 24" monitor under 10k?

@ssb1551
You are right, why spend 2.5k extra when you can get it delivered at your doorstep...but u don't get much liberty buying online..
Also as there are only few online stores you don't have many options..?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
ahem ahem...which mobo to go for?
And any good 24" monitor under 10k?

check for Acer, Asus, Benq (i not sure), Viewsonic etc 24" monitors. run through all online shops. cause if one is giving a 24" monitor for ~10k, you can ask a 2nd online shop or the shop you prefer to look at the price & give u little reduction.

You are right, why spend 2.5k extra when you can get it delivered at your doorstep...but u don't get much liberty buying online..
Also as there are only few online stores you don't have many options..?

i will disagree with your words here. you sure what parts you want will be available at SMC? if not, than? spend more to get some premium stuff.

so, sit at home, relax. visit SMC, IT Wares, PrimeABGB, Lynx India, Buy Gaming Stuff & many more trusted online shops & buy. hassle free, no useless wastage of money, goods at your doorstep, hassle free.

Cilus

laborare est orare
At 11K you can get a BenQ G2420HD Full HD LCD display. It is one of the best display within 13K range and recommended by several Magazines like Digit, PCQuest.
My suggestion is avoid ViewSonic. Their display quality is not as per with the other competitors and some forum members reported about their poor after sell service.

anantkhilnani

Broken In
ask topgear about viewsonic monitor.:)) :twisted:
about courier they stuffed everything inside cabinet package thats why they took 700 rs.we didn't ordered monitor ,gpu,power supply.

OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
@sam.sahab
thanks for the list..
@cilus i had benq 2420 in mind but nobody i know had used benq yet..but thanxs for clearing my doubt..

OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
This is a quikie

Which is better among the two??
MSI P55-GD65 or GIGABYTE GA-P55-USB3

And how are their services in India?

also why are the prices so different on theitwares and SMCinternational for some products..
I'm getting
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR31600 (PC3 12800) at 3.7k on SMC and 6.2k on theitwares????

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
if you will CF or SLI in future get MSI P55 GD65 @ 7.9k
if not then gigabyte one but it should be around 7k or so...

check the models of both the kits of ram.

Last edited:
OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
if you will CF or SLI in future get MSI P55 GD65 @ 7.9k
if not then gigabyte one but it should be around 7k or so...

check the models of both the kits of ram.

How is the service of gigabyte here...or perhaps how are gigabyte products...on newegg most of the users have complained an had to go for RMA...
NO SLI i guess but i do need a good mobo...

Whoa!!Thats HUGE!!Guess must be some difference among the kits.

Naah everything is the same the model...the latency..even the pics..but still the price diff is around 2.7k.....it maybe because SMC is delhi based and theitwares is mumbai...u know prices of these stuff are lower in delhi(Nehru place)..

1 more thing SMC isn't charging me a single penny for shipping but the itwares is charging me for every product...is it because of the proximity to Lucknow..

There are manu 4GB kit but see the 10th one from top...
SMC link.
Gskill

theitwares link

TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL - TheITWares

Guys this is my final Rig :

Processor : Intel i5 760 @10.2k
Motherboard : MSI P55-GD65 @7.9k
RAM : G Skill 2x2GB DDR3 1333MHz Ripjaws kit @3.75k
HDD : Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB @5k
PSU : corsair vx550W @4.75k
GFX : Sapphire HD6870(currently not available with SMC)
Mouse : Razer Abyssus @1.4k
Mouse Pad : Steel series Glide @0.250k
Cabinet : HAF 912 Advanced @6k
CPU Cooler : Hyper 212 Plus @ 1.85k

Total 56.6k

Would my emerge 500W UPS be somewhat sufficient for this rig...I'm not looking for a good backup..I just want the system to run for now..

Btw havn't purchased i yet but i will place the order today so quick replies...
Fun Fact: My whole budget is going to be spent to it...SO i will use this config with my Compaq 17" CRT (1024x768) for now..THough i will buy the G2420 a few months from now..

Last edited:
OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
No..stock cooler is sufficient but it doesn't hurt to get an aftermarket cooler like hyper 212 plus..

Overclocking is not a geek thing now..its fairly easy to overclock the i5 760..
Many people are running it at 4ghz at stable using this cooler..and that's a stellar speed..

OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
Aww....well does it help that my Emerge is 500 SPECIAL...hehehe..
I don't want to add more parts and give my folks a headache...

OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
OOPS...Just found out MSI P55-GD65 doesn't have a SATA III port...does that means my WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 6GB/s won't work??....

Can't figure it out...need to know more about other options in the 8k range(less or more)...

OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
After having decided everything...i have hit a road block...
the HD 6870 isn't available online(NOWHERE!!!!)...so i will have to wait for it for a week or so...
My question is what would be the disadvantage of going with a H55 based mobo??
i'm asking this coz p55 mobos do not have VGA adapters..that means no graphics card no display right?
H55 on the other hand DOES...so will i be able to use its IGP with the i5 760...
I have my doubts regarding this so need help...

Top Bottom