Gaming PC for 45-50k

anantkhilnani

Broken In
@ keviv219 Jaskanwar Singh ico samy boy :D toad_frog09 cilus sorcerer etc(jog bach gae)

i too visit tdf but in invisible forum . :p

this article is dedicated to you all written by my friend after we visited naza market

*harsh.vardhan.net/?p=20

toad_frog09:razz::-o:-x

keviv21 where do you live in lucknow??

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
this article is dedicated to you all written by my friend after we visited naza market

Why Lucknow isn’t the best place for practicing Geekery Harsh Vardhan
Let us only discuss about that article here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/community...know-isn-t-best-place-practicing-geekery.html I've created a thread for you. :)

And welcome to the forum!

OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
@anantkhilnani your friend is a Harry potter fan isn't it...with all these words about Sorcery,midgets,etc..

I live near SGPGI which is around 15km from Naza Market...and i had a similar experience...

And would buying online be safe and secure??...and how much would it cost me above or below the market price(in general)??..

ssb1551

Technomancer
Amazing Article!!Very very well written n like keviv said fan of Harry Potter:hyper:..Well I know how u feel tho I dun live in Lucknow but a place exactly similar(Bhubaneswar) to it as far as the reaction of local retailers go.When I asked for Athlon II X4 635 I clearly remember 1 guy sayin(in Oriya ofcourse) : "We stopped dealin with AMD products coz they were cheaply made n heat up a lot.".Then there ws another guy who said : "We dun hv the product u want.It(X4 635) must b a very old processor thts y we dun hv." n promptly suggested me to go for Core i3.

"I’d panic just to imagine transport guys throwing the overly-sensitive electronic components in and out of godowns and lorries ignoring the big-black-bold instructions – ‘Handle with care’." - I dun think they do tht, do they?

Harsh Vardhan

Right off the assembly line
@ssb1551: Thank you for liking the article. SMC International use a number of courier services to deliver packages in as many locations as possible. They randomly chose BlazeFlash to deliver my machine who delayed the delivery of the package by 4 days over the normal turn-around-time of 2 days. You know what else I remember of their grand service? "UP vaala thumka lagaun ... tere sang nach ke dikhaun" and you know why because that's what you get to hear when you call their office.

My advice: if you order from SMC International just ask them to ship your package via DTDC/ DHL/ Firstflight or any other courier service but BlazeFlash.

I'd like to point out though that none of the computer parts were damaged. I was hoping that SMC would use some foam or any other packing material to ensure the safety of the package but it was a pretty standard packing. However, if any parts are damaged during shipping, you are most likely to be covered by a transit insurance, just ask when you order if they are going to charge you for it.

anantkhilnani

Broken In
my friend the person above me "harsh vardhan" is not a fan of harry potter :p but he has great article writing skills.
well bad thing from buying online is that you can't bargain and have to wait some days for delivery.but for you best thing is to go to DELHI and but stuff locally since minimum courier charge is 700 rs(taken by smc )

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
@ keviv219 Jaskanwar Singh ico samy boy :D toad_frog09 cilus sorcerer etc(jog bach gae)

i too visit tdf but in invisible forum . :p

Why Lucknow isn’t the best place for practicing Geekery Harsh Vardhan

toad_frog09:razz::-o:-x

keviv21 where do you live in lucknow??

Dont we all have the same condition over at small towns all over India??
Not long ago there was thread to post stupidest thing you heard people say about computers, and more than half of them were sincerely dedicated to computer shopkeepers and hardware dealers.
Infact, not a few months ago, my friend and i visited every computer shop, that is about 7 at my town, wardha, for he was to buy a new rig for himself.
And if i start writing about each of the incident at each shop then i think i'l flood the TDF server.
Nevertheless, great article.

OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
Going to delhi is the only viable option now..

I still havn't been able to zero in on the mobo and the monitor(preferred full HD 24")..

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Really, it doesn't matter even if he is from Asus. Good for us as he'll help us clear our misconceptions. :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
My advice: if you order from SMC International just ask them to ship your package via DTDC/ DHL/ Firstflight or any other courier service but BlazeFlash.

I'd like to point out though that none of the computer parts were damaged. I was hoping that SMC would use some foam or any other packing material to ensure the safety of the package but it was a pretty standard packing. However, if any parts are damaged during shipping, you are most likely to be covered by a transit insurance, just ask when you order if they are going to charge you for it.

i ordered a Dell S2009W 20", Athlon II X4, Gigabyte 785G board & a WD 500Gb HDD & was delivered without any kind of damage. packing was good (not best once you order something from IT Wares. to cut open IT wares packages takes min 5min).

but stuff locally since minimum courier charge is 700 rs(taken by smc )

WHAAAAAAAAAAT? i was charged a paltry 300-350 for the monitor. on the other parts, 0. also the pricing was good. so if they included courier charge in the total pricing, they must sell the items really cheap.

ssb1551

Technomancer
(not best once you order something from IT Wares. to cut open IT wares packages takes min 5min).

Very useful piece of information Sam!!Even I'm plannin to buy both PSU n HD6850 from ITwares but they dun hv 6850 listed on their site yet.Hope they get it in Dec or Jan!

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
SMC charges courier for certain products. For most of them its written shipping at actuals. I'm sure if you ask them, they'll get it packed nicely. I bought my rig from their store and its worth going there at Nehru Place as they've got a lot more products over there than listed on their website.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Very useful piece of information Sam!!Even I'm plannin to buy both PSU n HD6850 from ITwares but they dun hv 6850 listed on their site yet.Hope they get it in Dec or Jan!

thanks buddy :smile:

call Rahul or even email him & ask if the card is available. maybe they'll update their website later (they may as updating takes a bit of time) & if available, try book it or if you can buy it.

Harsh Vardhan

Right off the assembly line
Rs. 700/- is not a lot of money for shipping considering it was a sizeable package. And we should not forget that it included the transit insurance. By travelling to Delhi you will get more choice and that I agree is a good benefit but if you tell me it's cheaper, I'd have to disagree. Why? Well you'll burn up just about the same amount if you'd travel to Delhi, maybe even more 'cause you'd want a friend to lug your luggage around.

On the other issue about availability of items, SMC's website doesn't detail all the models/products they have in their warehouse but you can email them at sales@smcinternational.in and easily get an estimate.

Alternatively you can call them up at any of the following numbers:
011-46516446
011-40525645

Still better would be that you email your enquiries, they are pretty quick to reply plus you can get far more details over email than over a phone conversation. I spoke to them over the phone and found them very helpful, however they prefer email to phone and I found their replies apt and detailed on mails.

Hope this helps.

ssb1551

Technomancer
thanks buddy :smile:

call Rahul or even email him & ask if the card is available. maybe they'll update their website later (they may as updating takes a bit of time) & if available, try book it or if you can buy it.

Thanks for d info Sam!!

Rs. 700/- is not a lot of money for shipping considering it was a sizeable package. And we should not forget that it included the transit insurance. By travelling to Delhi you will get more choice and that I agree is a good benefit but if you tell me it's cheaper, I'd have to disagree. Why? Well you'll burn up just about the same amount if you'd travel to Delhi, maybe even more 'cause you'd want a friend to lug your luggage around.

On the other issue about availability of items, SMC's website doesn't detail all the models/products they have in their warehouse but you can email them at sales@smcinternational.in and easily get an estimate.

Alternatively you can call them up at any of the following numbers:
011-46516446
011-40525645

Still better would be that you email your enquiries, they are pretty quick to reply plus you can get far more details over email than over a phone conversation. I spoke to them over the phone and found them very helpful, however they prefer email to phone and I found their replies apt and detailed on mails.

Hope this helps.
Yup u r rite!!I gotta bust a min of 2.5k jus for travellin charges thts y I wanna order online!

Last edited: