Gaming PC at 50K

abhishekcal

Broken In
Hi Guys, my friend wants to make a new PC for gaming for 50K and so I am helping him.
This will be he first dedicated gaming PC.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: Gaming Only. This will be his first dedicated gaming PC hence he will be happy with the old games also. I am thinking the system should be able to handle the current AAA and next year games at medium. Games like BF3, BF4, Tomb Raider, Rise of the Tomb Raider, CODs.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 50K

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10 (Already have it)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Separate Budget is available for Monitor

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: No Keyboard and Mouse needed in this budget.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Within one week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: He may use an assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Mainly Online only

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I am mainly confused for the CPU R5 vs i5 and GPU 560 vs 1050 Ti

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Prices of memory and GPU are high right now.

You can pick up Ryzen 3 or i3 with 1060 3GB build or Ryzen 5 or i5 with 1050 Ti

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
AMD R series is really overpriced currently because of cryptocurrency mining craze so only option for a gaming graphics card right now is Nvidia.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -63.1K

CPU: AMD R5 1400 -12700,
Mobo: Asus Prime B350-Plus -8200,
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 3000Mhz DDR4 -5200,
GPU: Sapphire RX570 4GB Pulse -16500,
PSU: Antec VP550P -4000,
Case: Antec 300 -3200,
HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB -3500,
Monitor: LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS -9000,
KB/Mouse: Logitech MK200 -800.
TOTAL -63,100.

OP
A

abhishekcal

Broken In
Budget -62.4K

CPU: AMD R5 1400 -12500,
Mobo: Asus Prime B350-Plus -8200,
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 3000Mhz DDR4 -5200,
GPU: Zotac GTX1050Ti 4GB OC Mini -11500,
PSU: Seasonic S12II 520w -6500,
Case: Antec GX909 -5200,
HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB -3500,
Monitor: LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS -9000,
KB/Mouse: Logitech MK200 -800.
TOTAL -62,400.

Thanks for the recommendation.

I am also thinking of the R5 1400.
Can you please tell me are there some cheaper motherboard for the R5 option or we have to go for around Rs 8000.
Also I want recommend the 1060 since I think the price to performance for 1060 is great. What do you think?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Thanks for the recommendation.

I am also thinking of the R5 1400.
Can you please tell me is there some cheaper motherboard for the R5 option or we have to go for around Rs 8000.
Also, I want to recommend 1060 since I think the price to performance for 1060 is great. What do you think?
Asus Prime A320M-K -5500.
Zotac GTX1060 6GB Mini -21000.

OP
A

abhishekcal

Broken In
Asus Prime A320M-K -5500.
Zotac GTX1060 6GB Mini -21000.

Thanks.

I was wondering can he save some money on the CPU. I mean at what price the CPU will become bottleneck.
I am coming from a mentality that GPU cost should be around the 1/3 of the System itself.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
That is not correct.A gpu cost should be around or more than processor for a pure gaming system with no relation to the cost of entire system.If you want to save then save on mobo(if never overclocking processor),ram,cabinet & KB/mouse combo.

Flash

Lost in speed
OP can save on the suggested cabinet - Case: Antec GX909 -5200.
5K for a case, is too high.

Try Antec GX300 or Cooler Master Force 500 within ~3k.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
There are 2 ways to go about a gaming system ...

1) if you plan on upgrading GPU in next 2-3 years

then your CPU should be such that it should be somewhat future proof .. so prioritising CPU ( upto a limit ) is better in this case , as that means you will not have to change your CPU and Mobo when you change your GPU next time .. GPU performance improves at a much faster rate .. so they tend to drop in prices a lot.. GTX 1060 performance available at 20k now , will be available at roughly 13k next year with GTX 2050TI , .. so going with a less powerful GPU is better here as long as it can play your current games well as by the time it will not be able to play new games well , you will change your GPU anyway..

2) if you plan on getting maximum performance out of your Gaming system ""now"" and are not likely to upgrade in 4-5 years

then get the best GPU you can in your budget , and pick a processor that is not going to be a significant bottleneck with that GPU... Games are most of the times GPU bottlenecked .. so prioritising GPU is better in this case over a CPU ..

these are rough guidelines only ..

Last edited:
Top Bottom