Gaming PC @ 80k?

abhishekcal

Broken In
Hi Guys,
I am a new member here and love to have your valuable suggestions to help me buy a gaming PC.
I have basic knowledge about the CPU's and GPU's I read a lot of things before posting here.
Although I am a absolute "latest tech knowledgeable guy" as I read and search a lot about the tech industry but that have been mostly towards mobile, tablets and there soc's. People ask me about what mobile is good for this budget, the same I am doing here for the PC.

This is the first time I am going to buy a dedicated gaming station thats the reason I never read much about the hardware.

So please I love to hear from you guys.

Here are the things:

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans: Latest 2014 titles for Battlefield (4), COD, Batman , Watch Dogs and there next year upgrades at ultra settings 1080p

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 80,000

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?

Ans:Windows 8

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor?
Ans: Yes, 21" 1080p

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: No headphones

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Within week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler :( , though i want to do myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Faridabad, I think I will buy from Nehru Place, can also consider online mostly depends upon the price.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Yeah Guys this is also important. I am in dilemma whether to buy a desktop or a laptop. I have a laptop right now and I want to buy a new system just for gaming. I want to know can a laptop for the same budget gives a same performance a PC with gaming in mind. Since I am doing a job and live with my friends/colleagues I am thinking that laptop would be good option but if the desktop have serious performance boost compared to the laptop for the same price I will be surely go for a desktop.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
welcome to TDF :D
get a desktop. that is the best thing you can go for gaming especially for this budget.
i5 4570 - 13k
gigabyte b85m d3h - 5.5k
kingston hyperx fury 2 x 4gb - 5.4k /corsair vengeance /gskill ripjawsx
sapphire r9 290 tri x - 32k
wd blue 1 tb - 3.5k
asus odd 24b5st - 1k
seasonic s12ii 620 - 5.5k
corsair 400r - 5.5k
aoc i2369vm - 11.5k / i2269vwm - 9k /desll s2240l - 8.3k
cooler master devastator - 3k

OP
A

abhishekcal

Broken In
[MENTION=135617]rijinpk1[/MENTION] thanks for the reply bro and thanks for the amazing config.

You are right that i should go for the desktop. But only one thing that stops me is that I am not at home. If I had been living in my hometown I wouldnt have given a second thought.

I am trying to make up my mind towards the desktop.

Can you tell me the a laptop such a Lenovo Y50(to be released in India) can give comparable performance as this build.

OP
A

abhishekcal

Broken In
[MENTION=154031]nomad47[/MENTION] Hi bro. I think you have same config as the mentioned above. Does you have any suggestions

Last edited:

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
The configuration is perfect. [MENTION=135617]rijinpk1[/MENTION] in fact helped me along with others when I shortlisted the components for my rig.
One thing I can suggest is getting a xeon CPU (equivalent to i7), but for that you will have to spend either a little more or skip the keyboard/mouse combo now. The Xeon (or i7) is not required for 1080p gaming now, but somewhere down the line in one year or a half games may become more CPU demanding.

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
[MENTION=135617]rijinpk1[/MENTION] thanks for the reply bro and thanks for the amazing config.

You are right that i should go for the desktop. But only one thing that stops me is that I am not at home. If I had been living in my hometown I wouldnt have given a second thought.

I am trying to make up my mind towards the desktop.

Can you tell me the a laptop such a Lenovo Y50(to be released in India) can give comparable performance as this build.

welcome :)
for laptops, you may better ask your query here *www.digit.in/forum/laptops-netbooks/.
if you are living in hostel, cant you take this pc there ?

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Laptops at that price will be way underpowered than the desktop suggested above...
Laptops at even double the price will be underpowered, you know!!!

OP
A

abhishekcal

Broken In
[MENTION=154031]nomad47[/MENTION], [MENTION=135617]rijinpk1[/MENTION], [MENTION=139494]powerhoney[/MENTION] Thanks for the reply guys.
I want to ask one more thing and that is can i save money on graphic card. Like can i go for a 20-25k graphic card. Or that will not be powerful enough to handle demanding titles like crysis 3.

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
[MENTION=154031]nomad47[/MENTION], [MENTION=135617]rijinpk1[/MENTION], [MENTION=139494]powerhoney[/MENTION] Thanks for the reply guys.
I want to ask one more thing and that is can i save money on graphic card. Like can i go for a 20-25k graphic card. Or that will not be powerful enough to handle demanding titles like crysis 3.

for 25k, you may get 280x or gtx 770, both already struggles a little bit for current titles. you may better get the suggested 290.

OP
A

abhishekcal

Broken In
[MENTION=154031]nomad47[/MENTION] , [MENTION=135617]rijinpk1[/MENTION] bros I need ur help again.
I am not able to decide to go for which ram.
As I have searched the internet i have found that the Kingston have more clock speed as compared to the corsair and gskill.

Also is this 2x4GB this cheap
Kingston HyperX DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) PC RAM (KHX1600C9D3B1K2/8GX) - Kingston: Flipkart.com

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
The price is really suspicious. I generally recommend Corsair vengeance for two reasons
1. 10 years warranty ( compared to 5 years of Kingston)
2. Vengeance RAM runs at 1600 MHz @1.5V while hyper x runs at 1600Mhz @1.65V

Also hyper x is in end of life. Fury will/is replace/replacing it.
That voltage thing does not matter much if you are not overclocking.
So it is suggested to get whichever you find cheaper.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
that ram is out of stock and probably an old listing(false too!).

- - - Updated - - -

Also hyper x is in end of life. Fury will/is replace/replacing it.
That voltage thing does not matter much if you are not overclocking.
So it is suggested to get whichever you find cheaper.

fury is from hyperx family too! blu is being replaced by fury.

since the memory supports XMP, voltage is not an issue. xmp can be easily activated from bios.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
that ram is out of stock and probably an old listing(false too!).

- - - Updated - - -

fury is from hyperx family too! blu is being replaced by fury.

since the memory supports XMP, voltage is not an issue. xmp can be easily activated from bios.
Yeah remembered its hyper x fury :evil:

XMP profile is true. But utilizing 1.65V may increase the temperature compared to Vengeance. Not that it matters much :p

OP
A

abhishekcal

Broken In
[MENTION=154031]nomad47[/MENTION] , [MENTION=135617]rijinpk1[/MENTION]
Thanks for the help guys, u both are amazing.

Can help me with one last thing and that is cabinet.
From urs suggestions I searched for the:
1. Corsair 400r : Nice but costly.
Does it worth going for or I can settle for cheap one.

2. Nzxt phantom : very nice looking slightly costly. Same does it can effect cooling by much difference.

3. Deepcool Tesseract : Cheap. Looks ok. Does it is so cheap that it can effect performance is a bad way.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
tesseract is good for its price. there is betfenix merc alpha, antec gx700/900, corsair carbide 300r as cheaper alternatives. look for 300r if possible. it is also a very good cabinet.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Tesseract is good, but I suggest get the 300r. I am personally using phantom 410 and that is a beast. You can go for it if budget permits