Gaming laptop under 80k

OP
Honeydew

Honeydew

Broken In
If you badly need it already in July, MSI might still be able to catch up if everything went smoothly in BIS testing phase right now.
Wow thaths a great news!! [MENTION=277192]rhyansy[/MENTION] thanks for the info....i guess i will wait a bit then...

Last edited:
OP
Honeydew

Honeydew

Broken In
Hey guys i found a asus lappy today at flipkart priced at 79k,it has similar specs like the y510p but has a gtx 760m gpu,is this one good??and available locally??
Here is fk link .
Asus CN135H G56JR Laptop Rs.79990 Price in India - Buy Asus CN135H G56JR Laptop Black Online - Asus: Flipkart.com

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
^^WHOA!! Nice Find!
Go for it, that's a very powerful laptop.

Performance should be almost equal to Alienware 14. If you are up for OCing then you can potentially reach Alienware 17 levels.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
^^WHOA!! Nice Find!
Go for it, that's a very powerful laptop.

Performance should be almost equal to Alienware 14. If you are up for OCing then you can potentially reach Alienware 17 levels.

Time to update your laptop buying guide with this, I guess!!! :)

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Time to update your laptop buying guide with this, I guess!!! :)

been there done that.

- - - Updated - - -

@OP if you can wait some more, you can always go for MSI later. They will come with Maxwell so it will be a nice performance boost.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hey guys i found a asus lappy today at flipkart priced at 79k,it has similar specs like the y510p but has a gtx 760m gpu,is this one good??and available locally??
Here is fk link .
Asus CN135H G56JR Laptop Rs.79990 Price in India - Buy Asus CN135H G56JR Laptop Black Online - Asus: Flipkart.com
I take back my original statement. this is one of those laptops which gives Y510p a very tough competition in 80k.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I take back my original statement. this is one of those laptops which gives Y510p a very tough competition in 80k.

tough competition? This laptop destroys Y510p considering SLI is never going to be released in India.
I am still happy with my 650m SLI heavy OC though.
BTW which laptop do you have?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
tough competition? This laptop destroys Y510p considering SLI is never going to be released in India.
I am still happy with my 650m SLI heavy OC though.
BTW which laptop do you have?

lenovo r61 (probably 6-7 years old :p )

Don't know when I'll get a new one :(

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
been there done that.

- - - Updated - - -

@OP if you can wait some more, you can always go for MSI later. They will come with Maxwell so it will be a nice performance boost.

hm..I saw this a couple of days back but then FK din't put up its $$

well...abt the 760m am a bit disappointed but on the OC' front :-D this looks like a treat...
Pipelines 768 - unified
Core Speed * 657 MHz
Shader Speed * 657 MHz
Memory Speed * 4000 MHz
Memory Bus Width 128 Bit
Memory Type GDDR5

768 pipex are enough and with a little OC to abt ~800-850mhz this should perform just fine but then again on the cooling front now that's where the design lacks (not sure abt the internals..fan/heatsink design etc)

so..so friggin close to buy now button. gents your opinion?

Update:
if am not wrong *hopefully* Asus India is giving a subwoofer, gaming mouse within the package and it does have a sweet IPS panel :-D again..if I ...am...not..wrong.. (corporate b!tches go crazy when it comes to launching a machine here in India :/...golddiggers... :/ )

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
hm..I saw this a couple of days back but then FK din't put up its $$

well...abt the 760m am a bit disappointed but on the OC' front :-D this looks like a treat...

768 pipex are enough and with a little OC to abt ~800-850mhz this should perform just fine but then again on the cooling front now that's where the design lacks (not sure abt the internals..fan/heatsink design etc)

so..so friggin close to buy now button. gents your opinion?

Update:
if am not wrong *hopefully* Asus India is giving a subwoofer, gaming mouse within the package and it does have a sweet IPS panel :-D again..if I ...am...not..wrong.. (corporate b!tches go crazy when it comes to launching a machine here in India :/...golddiggers... :/ )

Let's see:
1.I have 384 shaders on both my cards running @1080Mhz core. It outperforms GTX 770m(AW 17 and ASUS old one) by 3.8%.
2.ASUS laptops usually have great cooling.
3.To reach GTX 770m level you have to OC by say 400Mhz which is impossible unless overvolted. However GTX 765m level is possible requiring only 193Mhz which is possible any real temperature rise.
4.MSI laptops will still destroy this if they are launched within a reasonable price tag. This is because Maxwell has Godly overclocking potential. You can easily make a laptop GTX 860m run at desktop GTX 750 speed. Mobile Maxwell charts into desktop territory with its reduced manufacturing process.

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
Let's see:
1.I have 384 shaders on both my cards running @1080Mhz core. It outperforms GTX 770m(AW 17 and ASUS old one) by 3.8%.
2.ASUS laptops usually have great cooling.
3.To reach GTX 770m level you have to OC by say 400Mhz which is impossible unless overvolted. However GTX 765m level is possible requiring only 193Mhz which is possible any real temperature rise.
4.MSI laptops will still destroy this if they are launched within a reasonable price tag. This is because Maxwell has Godly overclocking potential. You can easily make a laptop GTX 860m run at desktop GTX 750 speed. Mobile Maxwell charts into desktop territory with its reduced manufacturing process.

+1 :-D "3.8%" (couldn't find the 'Like' button/link :( )
but won't nos. of pipelines count? 768 vs 640's of 860m (we are not so* sure* that the 860m's 2GB version would be a maxwell; could be the kepler too but recently acc. to tube's 1st ever y50's quick unbox/gameplay/talks the owner did verified that it's a maxwell version)

AFAIK 860m has only 640 + asus does have bundled accessories..

price is def. a key in Indian market
and I now feel that MSI has got a solid market competitor now both in terms of deliverables and $

Gamechanger:
IPS FHD anti glare(matte?)

Last edited:

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
860m has 640 shaders/pipelines of Maxwell architecture so they will be much better than Kepler. GTX 860m Kepler edition does not have 640 pipelines/shaders, it has much more(so that performance of both are equivalent).

Top Bottom