Gaming laptop under 1 lakh

OP
V

vicky2008

Broken In
Thanks. Now just want to know about the performance hit due to not having the SSD before I finally place my order. Flipkart has some decent SSD for rs 8000 which I can upgrade later I think so but can anyone confirm this? BTW can I setup the two internal HDD as raid or is any special equipment needed for raid? Sorry no idea about raid. The screen is glossy. Is it a big issue? Being a 17.3" do u guys think it is too big for college. BTW the weight is 4.5kg. A bit heavy but I think I can carry it around. What do u guys think?

$hadow

Geek in making
^^Well it is a big fat machine in terms of its size. Carrying around can be a pain but still manageable.

OP
V

vicky2008

Broken In
How are vinyl skins for protection of the upper skin? I dont want the new laptop to have scratches. Or do I go for the transparent ones? Do u guys suggest that I extend the warranty for 2 extra years for 5000 rupees?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I am looking for a good gaming laptop under 1 lakh.

Fav brands: dell, alienware
dislike: Apple

no other preferences except good graphics card above 750M possibly sli.

I had y510p in mind but the fact that it is no sli kept me from buying it. Currently considering m14x with has a model at 1.2 lakh. I can stretch to that at max but believe that other brands will give me best specs. Please help guys.

I want to buy it near puja vacation.

Here is one laptop from Alienware which is costing around 1,18,000.
Alienware 14 Laptop Details | Dell India

nitheeshr

Broken In
^^Well it is a big fat machine in terms of its size. Carrying around can be a pain but still manageable.

you are right. im still looking for a desent 17.3" backpack. the one i saw was from wildcraft. its not much of a laptop backpack. if you want to carry it comfortably, go with everki beacon or slappa mask. a bit costly but see the review of it in youtube and then decide.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Alienware 14 is crap, the vanilla comes with a 750m and that too with a tag over lac...go for the ROG one, if it has 770m its still a hell better deal

OP
V

vicky2008

Broken In
ROG G750jx comes with i7 4700hq, Nvidia 770m with 2 GB GDDR5 VRAM, 24 GB 1600 MHz ram, 1.5 TB 7200 rpm HDD (I will later swap out one for a SSD), 17.3" Glare 3D capable screen. So I think I will go for this as the upgrade for just 12000 rupees when compared to the Alienware 14x is huge and Alienware 17x which I should compare it with costs 1.89 lakh for the same configuration with 16Gigs of ram.

OP
V

vicky2008

Broken In
Have you placed the order uptill now or not for the ROG??
Not till now. The model is not currently in stock. It is supposed to come soon. The stores will get the info in one or two days and only then take orders. They don't even know the exact price now but the info will be available by Wednesday and the laptops are expected to arrive here by 15th October. Why do you have any other suggestions?

Aerrow

Journeyman
@OP

I agree with the senior members here.. investing that much on a lappy in india is a waste.. gaming being the priority, 750ms are available at sub 70k. Save the rest for a better machine later or get a better phone. You can save the pocket money even..

Also consider the resale value. Definitely not a good idea..

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
@op check your PM bro, try digging local market for lesser price on that ROG lappy, flipkart has bit overpriced it.

OP
V

vicky2008

Broken In
@op check your PM bro, try digging local market for lesser price on that ROG lappy, flipkart has bit overpriced it.
Yeah I know. The Flipkart link was just for reference as it had the exact stats. The local price is 135000 in but I know that there is still some bargaining left ;)

$hadow

Geek in making
I said so coz we already have a long conversation regarding this. So I was a bit confused that whether you have ordered or not.
Well I should advise you check your local market as prices do get manageable after bargain.

OP
V

vicky2008

Broken In
Bought g750jx. Its awesome. Te built quality is great. Having some problem setting up the 3d glasses. TH screen turns black when I run the setup. Lets see what happens.I will visit the shop where I bought it to and show them the problem.

nitheeshr

Broken In
ROG G750jx comes with i7 4700hq, Nvidia 770m with 2 GB GDDR5 VRAM, 24 GB 1600 MHz ram, 1.5 TB 7200 rpm HDD (I will later swap out one for a SSD), 17.3" Glare 3D capable screen. So I think I will go for this as the upgrade for just 12000 rupees when compared to the Alienware 14x is huge and Alienware 17x which I should compare it with costs 1.89 lakh for the same configuration with 16Gigs of ram.

are you sure its 770m? 770m has 3 gb gddr5 while 765m has 2 gb gddr5..

OP
V

vicky2008

Broken In
Well your problem is kinda weird.
I went to the store with the laptop and they have agreed to have it replaced after they show it to their main engineer on Monday. But due to lack of new stock, it will take around 10 days to get a new one.

$hadow

Geek in making
That's f up dude. 10 days is a lot but I guess that the laptop is still in working condition so you can manage around.

Top Bottom