Gaming CPU alone for 40k

ajay600

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans: Only Gaming and Watching movies by connecting to my 32 inch HD LED TV(using HDMI). Have always wanted to play games since my childhood, but could never save enough money for a decent PC. So I cant give out game names, but will be playing mostly playing Prince of Persia and Racing kind of games.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 41,000 - max, not any more

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No. Will never do it

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No, will connect to 32 inch HD LED TV.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: wont be buying Monitor, UPS, Speakers, KB, Mouse. So, ill get just the CPU.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:
Im planning to get in a week. But if something new comes up within my budget, I wouldn't mind waiting for about 1 month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:Assembler will do it

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Will be buying locally

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I would want the the PC to be built around Intel I5. i have a laptop with it, performs well. So will not move over to other brands.
I feel like I need not spend more money on cabinet and PSU, so that i could use that money for other components. Wont Zebronics cabinets and PSU wont work for my config?. I dont know, if CoolerMaster cabinets and Corsair PSU are needed, I will definitely go for it.

You don't need an i5 for basic gaming and watching moveies; even an i3 will easily suffice.

i3 4130 (7000)
Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H (5200)
Kingston HyperX Fury 4 GB (3100)
WD Blue 1 TB (3400)
Asus R7 240 1 GB DDR5 Boost (5000)
Antec VP450P (2700)
Any local cabinet without PSU (800)

total: 27,200

ankush28

Bazinga
Yeah those games are rarely considered in GAMING :D. SO you should be okay with 4th gen i3 or add graphics card in future, like nvidia 750.

By the way CPU means this ---->
*download.intel.com/pressroom/kits/pentiumee/pentiumee_processor_front.jpg
and not this---->
*www.techcrok.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/CPU.jpg

puneet785

Broken In
Sapphire AMD/ATI HD7870 2GB DDR5 Graphics Card - 15000 .
will also fit in if you go with above configuration and budget (40,000)

Minion

Conversation Architect
Slightly modifying harshilsharma63 config.

i5 4570-13k
Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H-5.2k
Kingston HyperX Fury 4 GB-3.1k
WD Blue 1 TB-3.4k
Corsair VS550 550 Watt PSU-3k
Cooler Master K281 Mid Tower-3.5k
Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card -8k

Total 38k approx

Sapphire AMD/ATI HD7870 2GB DDR5 Graphics Card - 15000 . will also fit in if you go with above configuration and budget (40,000)
He does not that powerful card. R7 240 will be more than enough. Don't make suggestions according to budget, make suggestions according to requirements.
Slightly modifying harshilsharma63 config. i5 4570-13k Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H-5.2k Kingston HyperX Fury 4 GB-3.1k WD Blue 1 TB-3.4k Corsair VS550 550 Watt PSU-3k Cooler Master K281 Mid Tower-3.5k Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card -8k Total 38k approx
> An i5 for movies and basic gaming? Waste of cash bro, waste of cash. > Corsair VS isn't a good PSU. Antec VP450P is much better. > K281 is among the worst cabinets available. No cable routing gourmets, no cable management provisions make it absolutely unworthy of it's price. > Again, he doesn;t need that powerful graphic card.

Minion

Conversation Architect
^If somebody decide to play game later then what?Most people don't upgrade CPU, Getting a good CPU make sense my config is well within his budget.Corsair VS doesn't have efficiency of 85% like CX series but it is better than most I mainly suggested that because GPU mentioned by me requires minimum 450 watts so he will have some upgrade room.

Well I selected that Cabinet because it looked cool to me.Cable management is not a big issue Corsair PSU comes with plastic clips which can be used for cable management.

Again OP has clearly mentioned He is buying this to play games

- - - Updated - - -

OP can always buy a Local cabinet if he doesn't care about built quality and wants to save money.

^If somebody decide to play game later then what?Most people don't upgrade CPU, Getting a good CPU make sense my config is well within his budget.Corsair VS doesn't have efficiency of 85% like CX series but it is better than most I mainly suggested that because GPU mentioned by me requires minimum 450 watts so he will have some upgrade room. Well I selected that Cabinet because it looked cool to me.Cable management is not a big issue Corsair PSU comes with plastic clips which can be used for cable management. Again OP has clearly mentioned He is buying this to play games - - - Updated - - - OP can always buy a Local cabinet if he doesn't care about built quality and wants to save money.
i3 4130 can play ALL games available now and that will release even in next two years easily at medium or low settings. And look at the games OP has mentioned- PoP is a breeze for an i3 even with IGP. R7 240 is more than enough for any basic gaming needs. HD 7870 or an i5 will simply be a waste of money. I use a second gen i3 without any discreet graphic card and I'm a huge fan of PC games and trust me, over the past three years the only times I've been disappointed with it is when I had to run Dx11 games, which 4th gen i3 supports. I'm supporting i3 + R7 240 based on my experience, not on some benchmarks.

sudhir_3193

Journeyman
op should stick with i5 config as a gamer he will definitely be tempted to play modern racing games or any upcoming games so he should go for good core components.

Minion

Conversation Architect
i3 4130 can play ALL games available now and that will release even in next two years easily at medium or low settings. And look at the games OP has mentioned- PoP is a breeze for an i3 even with IGP. R7 240 is more than enough for any basic gaming needs. HD 7870 or an i5 will simply be a waste of money. I use a second gen i3 without any discreet graphic card and I'm a huge fan of PC games and trust me, over the past three years the only times I've been disappointed with it is when I had to run Dx11 games, which 4th gen i3 supports. I'm supporting i3 + R7 240 based on my experience, not on some benchmarks.

Even my AMD 945 can play POP smoothly.

Well I understand but games are going to be heavy day by day.Getting better core components make more sense with i5 he may not able to play games for 5 to 10 years with high settings but medium to low settings but he can enjoy any games without any needing of upgrade.

- - - Updated - - -

op should stick with i5 config as a gamer he will definitely be tempted to play modern racing games or any upcoming games so he should go for good core components.

Exactly!

OP
A

ajay600

Broken In
I have a friend who has i5 (not sure about generation and model#) with HD7770 GFX card connected to a HD Ready LCD tv. He said he could'nt play Moto GP 2014 game at Max resolution. he had to reduce the resolution and turn OFF 2 of the settings(forgot what those settings are) for smoother game play.

So I meant i would be playing the games that fall in POP genre and racing games.

Yea, i have played POP in a P4 without any GFX card. But after speaking to my fried i think it is wise enough to invest in an i5

- - - Updated - - -

^

OP can always buy a Local cabinet if he doesn't care about built quality and wants to save money.

Mate, i dont care about looks and build quality of the cabinet. Ill also not be upgrading this congig once I get it. Is it possible that using this cabinet can cause the GFX or other components to burn because of insufficient air flow.
And a friend who has i5 + HD770 + Cooler Master cabinet said his PC gets turned OFF sometimes due to over heating, Do i have to provide some additional cooling to this config and incase it is needed, will a local cabinet support it

Minion

Conversation Architect
^You have to clean inside of PC sometimes for better airflow even sometime thermal paste on processor dry out or if you use a cheap power supply that is providing unclean power it may cause unexpected shutdown.

Generally a two fan configuration is enough, one on front to suck cool air in and a back fan to throw out hot air.and a proper cable management too can help to keep cool your PC which can be done easily with clips provided with Corsair PSUs.

A branded Cabinet is recommend for better airflow and sometimes those cheap unbranded one even doesn't support branded PSUs

sniperz1

Journeyman
My suggestion would be

i5 4440-11.5k
Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H-5.5k
Corsair Vengeance 4 GB - 3.1k
WD Caviar Blue 1 TB-3.5k
Antec VP550P PSU-3.5 k
Deepcool Tessaract -2.7k
ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti OC (ZT-70602-10M) 2GB - 11.2k

= 41k

With this you will be able to play every game as of now and many more in the years to come. Since you are not thinking of upgrading in the near future. It would be ideal to go with the best gaming config your budget can get you.

Although wait for sometime for the newly launched GPU's to come to market. Prices of GPU may come down in a month.