gamepad/mouse advice

guru_urug

iGoogle
Hey guys,
I saved up some money and am looking to get indulge a little in my gaming fetish. I've never used a expensive gaming peripheral so looking to fill that void.
Can u pls suggest me what to get?

1st query
shud I get a gaming mouse or gamepad?

if its a gaming mouse then I have set my crosshair on mx518. Heard so much about the legendary rodent,wud love to give it a squeak!

2nd query
if gamepad,then which one? I know the xbox wired controller is recommended and is undoubtedly good, but still are there any good ones cheaper with better bang per buck?
The saitek cyborg rumblepad caught my eye with its design. How is it? and whats its price?

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Mouse
FPS, RTS

Gamepad
Sports, Racing, Action(POP, AC)

IMO
Razer Deathadder @ 2099
or
X360 Wired @ 1299

Microsoft's monopoly means that every dev has to support this pad out of the box, if they want to release their game under "Games for Windows". Worth it for this reason alone. I bought 2 when they were launched in India and I am very happy.

Sarath

iDota
Mouse: Apart from MX518, Razer DeathAdder, there's CM Spawn. Personally like Razer but the 518 is legendary.

Buy Microsoft controller. It has one extra feature "peace of mind" or read better support from developers

However my friend has a 5-6hundred buck Logitech controller. Pretty good and works fine for him. If you dont want to indulge into it then get that. He has had no support issues as yet.

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
Apart from MX, all other mouse below 1.5k in the market today are sort of below average, considering the standard set by mice like Deathadder, Xai and several others.

Some suggestion from my side would be Kinzu from steelseries, Salmosa from Razer, MX518 from microsoft, or that other Gigabyte mouse that has been quite famous these days.

Also, you gotta know what grip you use for gaming. MX, being a firly large mouse will apparantly be good for palm grip whereas kinzu will suit comfortably for claw grip gamers. If you want a light mouse, salmosa will do. MX is an allrounder and i have no clue whatsoever regarding the gigabyte mouse.

Oh, you'll need a nice mousepad too.

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
From how i use it, the worst thing about Kinzu is that 3 of my 5 finges are on mouse pad rather than on the mouse..
It is very tiny, esp for large palms like mine...

OP
guru_urug

guru_urug

iGoogle
Well frankly Im not the best of online multiplayer fps like counterstrike or halo. But Im above average atleast. So I really dont know how much a mouse will benefit. Can anyone share their personal experience on how a good gaming mouse affects gameplay and user performance in games?

Also I checked the gigabyte mouse being mentioned in this forum. I liked the design and the reviews sound good too. But again the mx518 has been a sort of legend :p

Currently Im a little more inclined towards a quality gamepad like the 360 wired controller. But Im also thinking, what if I buy the gigabyte mouse for Rs700 and get a controller for Rs800 too, that way I get reasonably good devices right?

Top Bottom