Game install/text and few more proble..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Ok I know how to install a game .. Few problem the screen is appearing like this no text so how come I'll know what to do expert plz help fast

*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/large/824/Screenshot.png

Also the readme agreement has no text white sheet :( Help plz same thing happens with Xmms :( Also after I did this .. Everey folder and file has written "plugdev" under its name.. :( Help urgent.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
I have the same problem with Audacity. I think its related to locales of your system. At first under EN_IN it was like yours, no text at all. Then under EN_US it was all gibberish, just as it is now. I got no clue on fixing it, lazy to Google right now .. :p

And here's the unfixed bug report:
*bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gtk+1.2/+bug/62300

Last edited:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Try setting the language to English (United States) from System > Administration > Language Support (Might require internet access)

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Also I asked How to install game.. SO SOme 1 told be open .run file from Open with Application and in commands write sh , that did the job but after that .. Everey folder and file has written "plugdev" under its name.. Help urgent.

Dude I changed Language but still not working :'(

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
U may need to regenerate locale(en_us) using "sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales" and selecting en_us.

As for OP,I think the apps are using gtk1.2(old gui widget sets) rather than the gtk+2 used all over the system.
a solution will be to remove ~/.gtkrc-1.2-gnome2 try it after exiting any apps which uses gtk12,for eg:gmplayer,audacity,few games as u got etc
Code:
 rm ~/.gtkrc-1.2-gnome2
if this too doesnt work,try the installation from terminal and post the error.

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Ya installed but there are some driver error .. Can't play but the same game ran like charm in Windows ;)

praka123

left this forum longback
^sometimes copying teh missing .dlls from ur windows(if u have) installation to ~/.wine/ dir can help.btwn didnt u tried cedega ;)

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
^^ Naa naa .. Its Linux game for Windows.too. I mean for both :p I downloaded the .run file and installed using sh command now installed without any prob .. but game did not running wait telling u the error ;)

The error was something related to AGP memory :( Donno how to fix it :(

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
^there shud be some ".log" file created.u can go through it to know what dependencies are missing.
I mean,even better u can try running the game from terminal and post the error mesgs here.

praka123

left this forum longback
^ :? driver update for intel?U may think of getting Xorg 7.3 backport(if available) for Ubuntu Feisty!GIYF.there are two drivers for intel boards xserver-xorg-video-i810 and xserver-xorg-video-intel.I dont know if any difference are there.there are many hacks available for intel boards for eg:like 915resolution etc.
Dont download and install Debian drivers in Ubuntu :shock:
*packages.qa.debian.org/x/xserver-xorg-video-intel.html

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
^yeah.u need to remove the other driver(i810).use any of the driver(s).
edit:hey!dont download and use debian drivers in Ubuntu!it errs.
if u tried such,
In terminal,
Code:
sudo apt-get install -f
instead goto *ubuntuforums.org and search for Xorg 7.3 backports from Gutsy Gibbon.

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Code:
 sudo apt-get install -f
Updates system instead I think so :p Btw how to remove old driver :(

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
@shashwath-if u really want try:
Code:
sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-intel-modesetting
^ i dont know what does it provides;may be a better support for 965chipsets.
open synaptic manager(it will show broken deps) and install above package.

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Code:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Package xserver-xorg-video-intel-modesetting is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
  xserver-xorg-video-intel

The following error I got

praka123

left this forum longback
oh..K,@no new drivers on Ubuntu(Xorg)...satisfy with xserver-xorg-video-intel or xserver-xorg-video-i810.that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom