Galaxy Note Cannot boot after OTA Upgrade

valtea

In the zone
I have upgraded my SGN to ICS last week and its working fine. This morning i got Upgrade/update option of 7+mb, I downloaded the update and got it installed. The phone needs to reboot. I clicked OK. Since then My Note cannot boot. It got stuck at the SAMSUNG Screen. Any help will be appreciated.

I have checked other mobile forums but I dont want to try custom ROM, rooting etc. I dont want to void my warranty

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
first try a hard reset. mostly left over data make the cache full and that may cause the mobile to not get past the boot logo.

else take it to service center and explain them the problem. they'll downgrade your note to ICS first update.

blue_earth

Broken In
I have upgraded my SGN to ICS last week and its working fine. This morning i got Upgrade/update option of 7+mb, I downloaded the update and got it installed. The phone needs to reboot. I clicked OK. Since then My Note cannot boot. It got stuck at the SAMSUNG Screen. Any help will be appreciated.

I have checked other mobile forums but I dont want to try custom ROM, rooting etc. I dont want to void my warranty

This is a common problem with the recent ICS OTA upgrade. Most users in XDA are complaining about this. Only solution is to take it to the service centre and get it fixed.

gautam4u

Right off the assembly line
I Had Same Prob with this 7+ mb update with my Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 Its can not boot and no detact Charging screen only black... this prob is boot loader pro. samsung services center not repair this prob. samsung give u new phone or pcb... if your int. sd data is not imp go with service center but if your data is imp then you have only one option Boot loader Repair. it don by riff box, Medusa box or jtag box only but your warraty walid.. but frist if your phone boot in dowonload mode then frist try to update via pc with ODIN tools with officeal ics firwall file.. best of luck...

gforz

Maximum GAME
Simliar problem with my colleague's Note,got it fixed from Samsung Service.Wonder what update that is.

OP
V

valtea

In the zone
i installed N7000DDLA5_N7000ODDLA1_INU (d/l from SamMobile Firmware Page ) using ODIN, it was successful rebooted and some unpackeging etc.. written in the screen. Reboot and then my NOTE is back to normal. Thanks
Here is the llink : Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: N7000DDLA5_N7000ODDLA1_INU.zip

aaruni

The Linux Guy
first try a hard reset. mostly left over data make the cache full and that may cause the mobile to not get past the boot logo.

else take it to service center and explain them the problem. they'll downgrade your note to ICS first update.

how to hard reset?

OP
V

valtea

In the zone
my note have become very unstable... many apps like Calendar Storage have stopped unexpectedly,,, this... Cant use my phone.
Updating again via KIES. will update

aaruni

The Linux Guy
my father upgraded his note to ICS sometime (weeks) back. Should I tell him not install any more updates on his phone?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Guys please stay on topic and try to help the man.
Anyway, try holding power, volume up and home button at a time, it will push your phone to Recovery mode. There you'll see an option Wipe data and Format, do it.
Remember, it will DELETE all your data which are stored on internal sd card.
Let's try that first, if problem persists, other methods are there, like re-flashing ROM etc.
And don't ever step into nonsense advices like try a Custom ROM. It has nothing to do with your problem.
Btw- Do you have Odin installed in your PC?

Regards.

OP
V

valtea

In the zone
Updated to ICS Via Kies. Still very unstable. Here at least the vil up key+menu+power combination works. Did the wipe all data, and now back to normal. Thanks guys

bhautikjoshi

Broken In
anyone knows what this OTA upgrade is all about? I also applied the OTA update and since then apps on SD cards are behaving erratically sometimes

Top Bottom