Fuse 2 ISP to ONE 256+256=512???Can we ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Ok i will be brief ( Done search but no satisfying answer found , so Please excuse this question from Search :) )
Can we Use 2 ISP ( Sify and Bharti ) simaltenously so it gives faster speed ?
I have one Sify which is Lan ( 256KBPS ) and Bharti 256 ( Kbps ) Which is on modem to give me 512 Stable internet Speed ?
Hmmmm...now that its done can be bit more greedy and add my Tata Indicom 115 Kbps to it giving me Total 627 KBPS Speed..
. :roll:

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Your bharti modem is connected via LAN or USB? If its via LAN, i think you can fuse them via "bridging" connection. Do a google on "bridging network connections". Also have a look at *broadbandforum.in

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Bharti is not lan based, but you can buy a ethernet modem from them instead of usb. But, doesn't Bridging means just to connect one segment of lan to another? So, I am not sure if that wil achive the required effect.
To make it work like you want, you need to have both the isp connections via lan cards. Then you'll have to have a router to load-balance over the two isp lines.
I haven't tried it at home, but I am pretty sure you will need a setup like this to work. You can't double your bandwidth, because you have two public IPs and hence two tcp sockets.
Correct me if I am wrong.

OP
freshseasons

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
I think Sirisub is right. We cannot bridge two network connections together and use it as single isp to provide faster net.
Hmmm this doesnt leave me with bright prospects.
Still waiting for that Dream 1MBPS to come.... :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom