Full HD Gaming + Work PC

mrintech

Technomancer
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)

Ans: Primary requirement for this PC work and studies, but would like to play some old/new games as well, probably in full hd.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.

Ans: 51k-70k

3. Planning to overclock?

Ans: NO

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?

Ans: Windows and probably some Linux distro

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?

Ans: 1 TB HDD and 256/512 GB SSD OR 1 TB SSD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.

Ans: Yes, but will extend the budget if required. Monitor should be full HD. Main investment is in CPU as of now.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?

Ans: Mouse Keyboard and some other minor components

8. When are you planning to buy the system?

Ans: In 1 month time

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?

Ans: Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?

Ans: Delhi. Can go to Nehru Place - Kindly read next answer.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?

Ans: I am a Laptop user for more than 10 years and have lost touch with desktop hardware, so need advice from experts here.

Thanks

K_akash_i

Journeyman
yea dont even consider a gpu for now
i5 12400 is the most value for money mid range now -18-20k
so something based around this would be fine
16gb ddr4(8*2 would be fine) would cost around 8k

OP
M

mrintech

Technomancer
thanks for your reply.

for work purpose, buying is a desktop pc is kinda important for me as of now and I am looking for configuration which have AMD RYZEN in it.

I will think about what to do about GPU, but at least post the configuration now. Thanks

K_akash_i

Journeyman
thanks for your reply.

for work purpose, buying is a desktop pc is kinda important for me as of now and I am looking for configuration which have AMD RYZEN in it.

I will think about what to do about GPU, but at least post the configuration now. Thanks
probably wait till am5 release then , current amd ryzen prices are less value for money than intels and intel overpowering the ryzen cpus with alder lake
amd is over priced and under performing right now, for the money u invest in.
check some stats

I see no point in buying Ryzen CPUs at current prices because of 12th gen, esp for budget CPUs. A cheap i3 12100F performs close to R5 3600 in productivity & outperforms it in gaming (even R7 3700X).
Screenshot (123).png

Screenshot (124).png

Top Bottom