FS: XFX 7200GS 256Mb PCI-E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kniwor

Learner
On sale is an XFX 7200GS 256Mb bought on 29th Dec '07. Bought from Nehru Place carrying 3 years warranty from Rashi.

OPN: PV-T72S-WAN7

*i25.tinypic.com/28ugsnr.jpg
*i28.tinypic.com/1z4b9yq.jpg

New one goes for 1800/- so I guess 1300/- should be a fair price for an almost new card.

1. why are you selling this ?

2. isn't this supposed to be a weakling compared to even onboard solutions of 6 months back age? Wonder how it can manage HD videos. the nvidia x200GS cards always make me wonder why they exist... perhaps for budget AMD x2 systems with a real cheap mobo without onboard graphics will benifit from this series:-?

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner
Got it because I needed a card temporarily and my friend said he will use it in his comp later, but now he's buying laptop.

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner
Cheaper ones do exist, like 7100GS and what not, I tried running Crysis 64bit at lowest possible settings on the card, and surprisingly the game did run, but not at playable frame rates... I don't know how other games etc will run, the card has actually been used only for few days (3-4 days), was plugged into system only once, hence not much Idea. I felt it was better than on-board solutions, having a 256Mb memory on card obviously gives an advantage over onboard solutions. But I will suggest you do your own research on the same.

Cheaper ones do exist, like 7100GS and what not, I tried running Crysis 64bit at lowest possible settings on the card, and surprisingly the game did run, but not at playable frame rates... I don't know how other games etc will run, the card has actually been used only for few days (3-4 days), was plugged into system only once, hence not much Idea. I felt it was better than on-board solutions, having a 256Mb memory on card obviously gives an advantage over onboard solutions. But I will suggest you do your own research on the same.
I meant DX10 compatible. And have you seen the performance of Intel GMAX3500 in intel's P35 motherboard? Its better than 9600GT acording to some reviews, if its aloted maximum RAM.

Anyway, getting back to the topic, where do you stay and how much do you expect for the card? What RAM is there in the card? Is it GDDR, GDDR2 or GDDR3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom