Frustrated with gigabyte board

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaunak

Tux Fan
Hi,

I had bought a gigabyte board about 3 weeks back.

It kept restarting randomly. So i took it to the service center.

After 3 full weeks, the returned it to me with a repaired sticker, and apparently nothing else done.

Not surprisingly, the board still reboots randomly.

My board is ma78gm and os is xp sp3

I have done everything, os reinstall, all sorts of trouble shooting.

Now i am really frustrated with this board.

Any ideas? What can i do?

OP
shaunak

shaunak

Tux Fan
Sp 3 buddy.

Linux doesnt recognize my graphics card. I have tried open solaris and opensuse they seem stable, but i did not really use them for long.

static_x

In the zone
it is nothing but the Mobo....just ask them to replace it...i suffered with the same problem on my Asus board last year and i got the board replaced....

OP
shaunak

shaunak

Tux Fan
I already RMA'ed the board. Gigabyte 'repaired' it.

Do i submit it to manufacturer again? Is it possible to insist on a replacement?

static_x

In the zone
you send it again and see what they do now....afaik after 3 repairs if the product still fails to work properly then it will be replaced (I've been told the same by Rashi Peripherals' people)...else you can talk to some responsible person at the service center and request him to replace the product....

OP
shaunak

shaunak

Tux Fan
K
Ill do that.
But are you sure its the mobo and not the processor? Cos in that case i will buy a second hand mobo temporarily so i can work.

====
Update:

After a whole bunch of trouble shooting I have determined that the onboard video [HD 3200] may be faulty. Should I resubmit the board or use a cheap graphic card instad?

Last edited:

static_x

In the zone
Buddy dont think much..just create another RMA..stick to your words and force them to replace it...and dont ever tell them what you think is faulty...let them do what they want..i know it might take some time again and you'll feel handicapped but you'ce to cpmpromise a bit if you want the replacement...in the mean time find out the phone nos. of marketing head (or someone else) and let him know your problem...they'll definitely help you out...

burnout

Broken In
Hey its a very nice board GA MA 78GM S2H...
So sad u suffering from such problem.
I swill suggest u to replace it...n go straight to D-Link service center at Kalina, Santacruz.
They will giv betta servicing than that R.P Tech.

burnout

Broken In
I swill suggest u to replace it...n go straight to D-Link service center at Kalina, Santacruz.
They will give better servicing than that R.P Tech.

burnout

Broken In
K
Ill do that.
But are you sure its the mobo and not the processor? Cos in that case i will buy a second hand mobo temporarily so i can work.

====
Update:

After a whole bunch of trouble shooting I have determined that the onboard video [HD 3200] may be faulty. Should I resubmit the board or use a cheap graphic card instad?
They will give better servicing than that R.P Tech.

OP
shaunak

shaunak

Tux Fan
I took it to santa cruz. They tested it for 45 mins and said that the board is ok.

Ill take their word for it and try to test other peripherals. Lets see how it goes.

winzip

Broken In
My friend has the same board Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2HP rev. 2.1 and had the same problem of restarting...after a small googling I found that updating bios from version F2 to version F4 may solve the problem.

*forums.techarena.in/motherboard-processor-ram/1124879.htm

Following their suggestion I used Q-Flash to update the bios and after that he didn't face this kind of problem.

I have also written to gigabyte as to how to update BIOS. Posting their reply below:

Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry. About the issue you mentioned, of course update BIOS might be risky, however, we suggest you to use Q-Flash tool to update BIOS. About how to use Q-Flash to update BIOS, please click
*www.gigabyte.com.tw/FileList/NewTech/old_motherboard_newtech/tech_qflash.htm

Please try to update BIOS to the latest version where you could download from:
*www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ProductID=2950#anchor_os

After bios updating, please do not forget to load BIOS fail-safe default setting and please also do not try to overclock your system at this moment.

If you still have any further question or suggestion about our products/service, please do not hesitate to contact with us. We will try our best to help you resolve the problem ASAP.

Regards,
GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY

OP
shaunak

shaunak

Tux Fan
I get the same stop code STOP: 0x0000000A

I will flash tonight.
Did the flash solve the issue permanently?

==edit==
FLASHED!

Did you reinstall XP afterward?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom