Front I/O ports not working

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I have a 7 year old desktop with configs in my signature. The thing I hated the most about my cabinet was the bulkier Antec VSK-5000 cabinet. I bought from a local shop in a small city. I was surprised to see an Antec cabinet as every retailer was only selling cheap Intex and iBall cabinets.
The Antec cabinet has no lighting system , even for power on or cpu working. I hated it for its boring design, all black with greyish texture looking like plastic.
I also lost some of the screws while doing repairs which made my graphics card loose.
Recently, the front headphone jack has stopped working & also two usb ports are such that sometimes they work while sometimes not. One of the usb ports at the back has also stopped working.
Should I upgrade to a new cabinet? I see cabinets from corsair for as low as 3k, should I go for them ?

Also I have a cooler master gaming mouse purchased in 2015, I have not used the mouse extensively and it gains a lot of dust every now and then. Its left and right clicks now takes a very hard press. Can it be repaired by opening up and cleaning dust from inside?

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
I had cleaned my Logitech Mx518 mouse and now its mouse wheel perfectly working. So it might work.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I had cleaned my Logitech Mx518 mouse and now its mouse wheel perfectly working. So it might work.

i cant get to open my cooler master storm mouse, only 2 screws are visible at the back in the middle of its body. I saw a youtube video of six screws at the back with 2 in the middle which i opened and four at the each border. The border screws are not visible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toofan

Technomancer
i cant get to open my cooler master storm mouse, only 2 screws are visible at the back in the middle of its body. I saw a youtube video of six screws at the back with 2 in the middle which i opened and four at the each border. The border screws are not visible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rest of the screws are hidden behing the padding. Check the link, where to look for them.they might be arranged differently buy are hidden under cushions /pads.

Top Bottom