front audio jack not working

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Jacks on the front usually don't work, atleast in most of the cases I have experienced.
If you have a USB port also, along with the audio jack, in front of the PC, then check if that works or not. If the USB is working (like you can read Pen drives through it), and the jack at the back is working, then the issue is most probably with the front jack.

mitraark

Decrepit
Actaully you have to change something in the BIOS after that it works , wait i will check what i did with my Gigabyte motherboard and tell , can;t exactly remember what i had done.

modder

RAMPAGE!!!!
Actaully you have to change something in the BIOS after that it works , wait i will check what i did with my Gigabyte motherboard and tell , can;t exactly remember what i had done.

Yes you're absolutely right. Its Intel HD Audio/AC' 97.
AC' 97 is the compatibility mode (you've to set it in BIOS), most cables/audio headers coming with cabinets are for outdated AC' 97 not the newer Intel HD Audio.

Desktop Boards — Troubleshooting audio issues

Some cabinets come with both:
*www.guru3d.com/imageview.php?image=8605

:smile:

Last edited:

saz

Journeyman
I had this experience with my Gigabyte Motherboard where the front audio jacks were not working and I just had to enable the front audio jacks using the Realtek Audio control panel....!!!

Top Bottom