From where I will get motherboard for laptop at mumbai

ninadbe

Right off the assembly line
Product Name: 15-r036TU
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi Guys,

I do have HP notebook with product name 15-r036TU with configuration as below

Microprocessor
2.58 GHz Intel Pentium N3530 with Intel HD Graphics
Microprocessor Cache
2 MB cache, 4 cores
Memory
4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM (1 x 4 GB)
Memory Slots
1 user-accessible
Video Graphics
Intel HD Graphics
Display
15.6" diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit (1366 x 768)
Compatible motherboard is HP 764103-501 MOTHERBOARD UMA N3530 W8STD however this is not available at HP part store for purchase, hence they suggested to buy it from amazon, Is it reliable to buy motherboard from amazon or I should buy it from local store, Mumbai ?
Kindly let me know where I would get it at Mumbai ...
Also suggest me a screwdriver kit for opening laptop from both front as well as back side.
Thanking you.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are you sure you went to a genuine HP store as I find it hard to believe that they would suggest you to buy a laptop motherboard from an online site?Go to Lamington road & ask laptop repair shops there.If they too are unable to repair it then sell it for whatever price you can get & buy a new laptop.

OP
N

ninadbe

Right off the assembly line
Are you sure you went to a genuine HP store as I find it hard to believe that they would suggest you to buy a laptop motherboard from an online site?Go to Lamington road & ask laptop repair shops there.If they too are unable to repair it then sell it for whatever price you can get & buy a new laptop.

At HP authorized service centre they didn't ask me to get mother board online...at HP service centre they told it would be costlier affair...So I would like to try replacing motherboard myself..After enquiry at support forum they suggested to buy same from amazon or ebay as that unique motherboard is not available for purchase at HP spare part website..

So I would try to purchase motherboard online.

Kindly suggest me screwdriver toolkit in order to open laptop from front or back end (I have done desktop PC repairing in past **)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will still say don't try it yourself.Whatever chances you have of getting right mobo online,the laptop repair shop guys will have better chance.Also disassembling a laptop is completely different from desktop.I have disassembled & assembled desktop PCs many times but as far as laptops are concerned I only take chance with ram & hdd replacement.Anything more & I take it to laptop repair shop as there is a good chance of damaging laptop/components while disassembling it without sufficient prior experience.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
I will still say don't try it yourself.Whatever chances you have of getting right mobo online,the laptop repair shop guys will have better chance.Also disassembling a laptop is completely different from desktop.I have disassembled & assembled desktop PCs many times but as far as laptops are concerned I only take chance with ram & hdd replacement.Anything more & I take it to laptop repair shop as there is a good chance of damaging laptop/components while disassembling it without sufficient prior experience.
Absolutely correct!
Laptop is a different game altogether.
Regarding disassembling or assembling back a laptop requires an expertise knowledge in hardware and chip components of fitting and assembly.
My Dell Inspiron 14 5447 laptop, carrying extended warranty till November 2017,had a screen replacement just 4 months after buying. Dell provided excellent support by sending their professional technician at my house, since it was under onsite warranty also. IT COST ME NOTHING, NOT A SINGLE PAISE. But the technician guy took 4 and half hours to complete the task successfully in front of me. Despite carrying all the necessary tools for repairing.
So, @ninadbe, listen to the wise advice given by Friend @whitestar_999.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Absolutely correct!
Laptop is a different game altogether.
Regarding disassembling or assembling back a laptop requires an expertise knowledge in hardware and chip components of fitting and assembly.
My Dell Inspiron 14 5447 laptop, carrying extended warranty till November 2017,had a screen replacement just 4 months after buying. Dell provided excellent support by sending their professional technician at my house, since it was under onsite warranty also. IT COST ME NOTHING, NOT A SINGLE PAISE. But the technician guy took 4 and half hours to complete the task successfully in front of me. Despite carrying all the necessary tools for repairing.
So, @ninadbe, listen to the wise advice given by Friend @whitestar_999.
Screen replacement hardly takes 1.5-2 hours at best. I could even replace the thermal paste in that time (depending on the laptop).

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Though the mobo would be costly, it is the heart of your laptop. Without it, nothing would work. Try to buy one with manufacturer warranty.

At HP authorized service centre they didn't ask me to get mother board online...at HP service centre they told it would be costlier affair...So I would like to try replacing motherboard myself..After enquiry at support forum they suggested to buy same from amazon or ebay as that unique motherboard is not available for purchase at HP spare part website..

So I would try to purchase motherboard online.

Kindly suggest me screwdriver toolkit in order to open laptop from front or back end (I have done desktop PC repairing in past **)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Screen replacement hardly takes 1.5-2 hours at best. I could even replace the thermal paste in that time (depending on the laptop).
Yes,but it demands experience which is harder to get compared to desktops where there is no issue of warranty being void not to mention nobody is going to disassemble a correctly working laptop just to gain experience.I never felt the need to disassemble my old laptop & when the issue came up I had to give it to repairing centre for mobo chip level repairing.When it completely stopped working after 6-7 years I simply bought another laptop so no opportunities for me to gain experience in that period(of course I never broke my laptop screen).

Though the mobo would be costly, it is the heart of your laptop. Without it, nothing would work. Try to buy one with manufacturer warranty.
Also purchasing a laptop mobo is different from buying a desktop mobo & as far as I can tell,such mobos will not be carrying any manufacturer warranty because these are OEM parts(HP does not make their laptop mobos,they get it from asus/gigabyte/msi/foxconn etc).In big PC markets like NP,Delhi & Lamington Road,Mumbai the laptop repairing shop guys get replacement mobos/chips/parts from old non-working laptops sold at used laptop sale/purchase shops.

kg11sgbg

Saiyan, I know you bro. in this @TDF for quite sometime.
No doubt you have an expertise + experience in hardware,software and Laptops in particular, as I have learnt from your various comments.
I honour your knowledge also regarding computers(hardware as a whole).

But real life experience(IN MY CASE) also shows us many events and incidents.
The technician guy who was sent from DELL might be a noob at that time.But his work,however slow it might be, ULTIMATELY SATISFIED ME AS A CUSTOMER.

The most important thing which I liked most,is that of his caring and sober attitude.
HE HANDLED THE LAPTOP WITH UTMOST CARE AS IF IT WAS HIS OWN.

No hard feelings, brother.
Just the facts.

kg11sgbg

Yes,but it demands experience which is harder to get compared to desktops where there is no issue of warranty being void not to mention nobody is going to disassemble a correctly working laptop just to gain experience.I never felt the need to disassemble my old laptop & when the issue came up I had to give it to repairing centre for mobo chip level repairing.When it completely stopped working after 6-7 years I simply bought another laptop so no opportunities for me to gain experience in that period(of course I never broke my laptop screen).

Also purchasing a laptop mobo is different from buying a desktop mobo & as far as I can tell,such mobos will not be carrying any manufacturer warranty because these are OEM parts(HP does not make their laptop mobos,they get it from asus/gigabyte/msi/foxconn etc).In big PC markets like NP,Delhi & Lamington Road,Mumbai the laptop repairing shop guys get replacement mobos/chips/parts from old non-working laptops sold at used laptop sale/purchase shops.
Friend I mentioned as an issue of my laptop screen,never said I broke it,or it was broken.

There was a bright dot/spot that appeared from nowhere on to the laptop screen.During the coming days 2~3 such bright dots/spots appeared on the various area of the screen.
Those were irritating.

I communicated to DELL customer care,whose ultimate decision lead for a replacement of the screen. That's it.

Top Bottom