From the Editor's Desk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byte

Ninja Jedi
Is there any possibility to lift 15 images per post restriction for posts in Reviews sections. Putting a full blown reviews is a big headache thanks to this rule. Also, if possible please setup TE style review section where we can put it in multipage format.

Hi. This is a good suggestion. We'll take this into consideration. I also owe you a phone call, we still need to talk about pending forum issues and ideas :)

@ Vamsi and krishnandu -- fluid width for the forum is on our list of things. You should see some movement on that very soon.

Krow

Crowman
I am hearing that IPB or Invision Power Board has moved ahead of vBulletin.

My suggestions, which have been posted previously:

Sub-forums for Photography, Photoshop, CorelDRAW, Illustrator, etc Designing, basically, an art sub-forum, which can even house our movies thread. All these can be clubbed to be one single sub-forum IMHO.

Please move the sidebar ads to the top or bottom of the page once users login. The featured story link is pretty much useless above the forum. I suggest that it be removed. Prior to logging in, the sidebar ads may be present.

and
tags. These would be for spoilers in the gamerz and movies threads. The Table tags should be able to create an excel like grid/table. Useful for putting comparision.

Please add an image resize feature like at TE. If any image is wider than the forum width as on any monitor, then it is resized to a width which is viewable easily, with a button on top to view it full size.

More suggestions as and when they come to my beak.

Cheers and regards from the Krow Klan.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Hi. This is a good suggestion. We'll take this into consideration. I also owe you a phone call, we still need to talk about pending forum issues and ideas :)

@ Vamsi and krishnandu -- fluid width for the forum is on our list of things. You should see some movement on that very soon.

Thanks mate. :)

insaneYLN

In the zone
Hello to all :smile:

i recently joined this forum, about a month ago to be specific :oops:

with all humility may i kindly ask when will i be able to start my own thread/topic?

Perhaps, i have not fulfilled some forum rule & if so then please guide me to it.

Hoping to make new friends here from whom i can garner valuable technical (& non-technical :oops:) knowledge.

personally, i believe that learning never stops & i am willing to learn as much as i can within the limits of my capabilities.:)

Thanking you all.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Hi!

I don't think there is any restriction on creating threads! Where exactly are you trying to create your thread?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hello to all :smile:

i recently joined this forum, about a month ago to be specific :oops:

with all humility may i kindly ask when will i be able to start my own thread/topic?

Perhaps, i have not fulfilled some forum rule & if so then please guide me to it.

Hoping to make new friends here from whom i can garner valuable technical (& non-technical :oops:) knowledge.

personally, i believe that learning never stops & i am willing to learn as much as i can within the limits of my capabilities.:)

Thanking you all.
Dude don't take it personal. Its just a way to keep spmas away.

You have to have a minimal post count of 10-15 to be eligible for creating "threads".

Till then keep posting sane replies in threads that interest you.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Is our site under repair??? I'm getting all possible errors. 404-Page not found. 501-Method not implemented aur na jane kaya kaya... Lets hope whatever is going on is god for TDF...

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
We're having some trouble... people working on it overtime. Hope it all gets fixed soon... I'm too busy finishing May issue to find out more details right now, but *fingers crossed*

Krow

Crowman
May Issue is out now and I must say that it is one of the best since the open source special issue. Really, Digit has gone up a notch with this issue. Back to work on the forum then, eh? :D

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
WOW...!! Unbelievable...!! Yup, it got fixed...But in the right a link is showing "Upcoming Events". Why not move that to upper or below the forum.

Krow

Crowman
Come on guys, give us the spoiler tags! It is much need in the game and movie threads. Seriously, I don't think that this is some newbie forum, where we have to keep asking for basic things like to make edit work, to fix the font colour, etc. This is a big forum, where advanced features should be made available.

What's with the sidebar? I can't see any ads there, so why is just one link blocking the entire space? I have a square monitor, so I really don't see much of a difference in the width.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
I cant understand one thing. This thread says from d editor desk but ppl are posting their feedbacks n probs. WTH;(

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Hi Guys,

I just thought there should be one place on this forum where you can get direct, no-nonsense answers straight from the Editor. Suggestions, queries and more welcome here.

I think people are just letting the admins know of their suggestions :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom