From AMD FX to Core i5 Haswell Gaming RIG under 55,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
How much do you think you will save in a month by buying a new pc?

Normally 3k I used to get per month but due to coldness no AC na so I got Rs.2553(sep,13). On an average if I can get the bill between 1.2k to 1.5k its much better as compared to all others in our apartment block. None get the bills I get.

I saw that compared to AMD & ATI with Intel & nvidia, latter combo is much more energy efficient and might save money in the long run.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, the thread is going too long without any conclusive solution and you're the sole reason for it. Each and every questions of yours has been answered and more we answer, more questions we get. Check the reviews to find out performance diff between 4670K and 4570 and 1st thing you should do is to make sure PC is the sole reason for your electricity bills. I've been using AMD Processors like 965 BE, 1090T, FX-8150 and now FX-8350 for pretty long time now and never got electricity bills like you just because of the PC. Use your Brain a little. Now many years back, Intel 1st Gen Core Processors like i7 965 used to have 125W TDP but none complained that time that those setups are sole reason for higher electricity bill. You 1st make sure by whatever Process you think appropriate is to verify the reason of your electricity bills in the 1st place and then ask for a new configuration here. I don't think we can provide much help any more. All kinds of suggestions and PC Build have been suggested to you in this 4 page long thread.

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Buddy, the thread is going too long without any conclusive solution and you're the sole reason for it. Each and every questions of yours has been answered and more we answer, more questions we get. Check the reviews to find out performance diff between 4670K and 4570 and 1st thing you should do is to make sure PC is the sole reason for your electricity bills. I've been using AMD Processors like 965 BE, 1090T, FX-8150 and now FX-8350 for pretty long time now and never got electricity bills like you just because of the PC. Use your Brain a little. Now many years back, Intel 1st Gen Core Processors like i7 965 used to have 125W TDP but none complained that time that those setups are sole reason for higher electricity bill. You 1st make sure by whatever Process you think appropriate is to verify the reason of your electricity bills in the 1st place and then ask for a new configuration here. I don't think we can provide much help any more. All kinds of suggestions and PC Build have been suggested to you in this 4 page long thread.

Thanks buddy.I will do the needful.OK.

You may want to buy a Kill-a-Watt meter for finding the true cause of over power consumption.

Can you provide me any links regarding that as low as possible.
I found only one in lynx site but that is not a trustworthy site na.

Thanks buddy.I will do the needful.OK.

Can you provide me any links regarding that as low as possible.
I found only one in lynx site but that is not a trustworthy site na.

Here you go: kill a watt | eBay

The cheapest listing is priced at Rs. 1693 including shipping. Check seller rating before purchasing.

AshutoshM

Blue Age Wonders
Here you go: kill a watt | eBay

The cheapest listing is priced at Rs. 1693 including shipping. Check seller rating before purchasing.

You won't believe me but I too was going to suggest that and I posted the same link as yours, but due to my shitty net connection it didn't submit the reply. I have mentioned it earlier also that it is better to find out the main culprit behind the soared electricity bills before upgrading the PC. For that I suggested you to purchase a watt meter that tells you how much actual power a particular device is drawing from the wall. See my post on page 3 if you don't believe.

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
You won't believe me but I too was going to suggest that and I posted the same link as yours, but due to my shitty net connection it didn't submit the reply. I have mentioned it earlier also that it is better to find out the main culprit behind the soared electricity bills before upgrading the PC. For that I suggested you to purchase a watt meter that tells you how much actual power a particular device is drawing from the wall. See my post on page 3 if you don't believe.

Yes there might a problem with the meter and that needs to be checked. Will see to that.OK. Thanks for suggesting buddy.

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Will the below config suffice for at least 3-4 years.

Intel Core i5 4670k -16500,
Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H -8800,
Zotac GTX 650Ti Boost 2GB -12500,
Coolermaster 140mm 2 BC RED LED fans -1400,
Coolermaster 120mm 3 BC RED LED fans -1800,
Corsair H60 2013 Edition -5000,
Dell S2240L 22" LED IPS -9000.
TOTAL -55,000.

PS: Its for only gaming and that too RPG and FPS mostly.

PratikV

Broken In
Buddy just a question are you going to overclock and if they are mild overclocks get 212 evo
. And add that money into gpu. Which cabby do. Have

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
My main problem is when I OC my FX 8320 its not passing prime95 and also its eating a lot of power even when not OC'ed and also FX 6300 might be an alternative.You can see my RIG config in my siggy. I think if I go with FX 6300 then it should be able to OC for future proofing. I simply cannot find the Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 which is the most stable MB for OC only.

How about this then:
Intel Core i5 4570 -13700,
Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H -7500,
Corsair H60 2013 Edition -4500,
Dell S2240L 22" LED IPS -8600.
TOTAL -50,000.

Last edited:

moltenskull

Journeyman
650 ti(110 W)-7770 (80W)=30W.

8320(125W)-i5 4570(84W)=41W.

41W-30W=11W.

50 grand for 11W...Seems a bit unfair. ;)

I just did a quick Google search for the above numbers ...Any incorrect readings,please correct them. :)

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
650 ti(110 W)-7770 (80W)=30W.

8320(125W)-i5 4570(84W)=41W.

41W-30W=11W.

50 grand for 11W...Seems a bit unfair. ;)

I just did a quick Google search for the above numbers ...Any incorrect readings,please correct them. :)

Also take into consideration the future proofing of my RIG as well as the problem I specified above.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Also take into consideration the future proofing of my RIG as well as the problem I specified above.

i suggest that you just need to upgrade your gpu. if you cpu+new gpu can do most games, why even overclock it? overclock is required when your cpu or possibly gpu is bottlenecking. i wont think 8320 will bottleneck in any games, but your current gpu will (in future).
do not run prime95. if your system works fine,then just leave it as it is.

PratikV

Broken In
i suggest that you just need to upgrade your gpu. if you cpu+new gpu can do most games, why even overclock it? overclock is required when your cpu or possibly gpu is bottlenecking. i wont think 8320 will bottleneck in any games, but your current gpu will (in future).
do not run prime95. if your system works fine,then just leave it as it is.

I agree invest money as much as possible in gpu. you could cut down on overclocking and on liquid cooler and the fans. I suggest keep the same config of z87 with i5 4670k if you want but with 212evo and r9 270x.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
@ op you are going to waste your money. gtx 650ti boost will be fine for next 1 year-later it will going to struggle.Invest in better gpu - atleast gtx 760.

why to oc cpu ?????

Intel Core i5 4570 -13700,
Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H -7500,
Corsair H60 2013 Edition -4500,
Dell S2240L 22" LED IPS -8600.
TOTAL -50,000.

No need of cooler - get better gpu.

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
@ op you are going to waste your money. gtx 650ti boost will be fine for next 1 year-later it will going to struggle.Invest in better gpu - atleast gtx 760.

why to oc cpu ?????

No need of cooler - get better gpu.

So Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO will suffice the i5 4570 right as there is no OC.It will not heat up know! I think so there is no need for even push-pull setup na for the cooler.
Can somebody suggest even cheaper and low profile cooler which is good than the stock Intel Cooler?
How about CM Hyper 103 Cooler? I cannot find it anywhere online in India yet?

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
So Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO will suffice the i5 4570 right as there is no OC.It will not heat up know! I think so there is no need for even push-pull setup na for the cooler.
Can somebody suggest even cheaper and low profile cooler which is good than the stock Intel Cooler?
How about CM Hyper 103 Cooler? I cannot find it anywhere online in India yet?

get hyper tx3 evo. there are some models from antec also like A40,C20,C40 etc. I dont know how good they are. you may have to look or the reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom