Freeware software

kumarn_2004

In the zone
Hi Guys,

Any best free internet security software? Can you recommend a paid software,if freeware not ADVISABLE? Can you provide the link on this?

Naxal

Little Kid
If data is less important, you can always trust Microsoft Security Essential. However, if data is really important and system handles financial records along with sensitive data (be it home computer or office), look into Kaspersky Internet Security.

Microsoft Security Essential -> Is free and supports Windows XP SP3 to Windows 7. Its an integral part of Windows 8
Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 -> Its one of the best in business, but kaspersky sales team knows India and they sell 3 User version at Rs. 750/- only, meaning effective price per user is Rs. 250 for one year :D. You can always buy 3 user version and share it with your friends so price comes with effective of Rs. 250 only.

Update

No matter what AVS or security you use, they are as good as no to be present without regular update. So regular live internet connection is needed, both this software will update them self in back ground without disturbing you, unless there is something wrong :p

Install in fresh system

If you are installing AVS, try to install in a fresh installation of OS, as if OS in which you plan to install the software on, already having virus infection, it becomes really difficult to have a fully OK and healthy system.

Thanks.

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
+1 for Microsoft Security Essential Download: Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

gameranand

Living to Play
Just get the following and you'll be fine
1. Avira Free Antivirus
2. Comodo Firewall

Both are free and gets the job done. :)

sakumar79

Technomancer
You can try Comodo Internet Security - has both AV and Firewall... It is one of the few products with free antivirus for commercial use... (Avast, avira, avg, etc antivirus free versions are only for personal use and not for office use)

Arun

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've used Avira, Comodo and Malwarebytes Antimalware trio for a long time but stopped using any security apps at-all from sept. - using only my wits ;-)

Kaspersky is better but i think its not free better to use avira which is better and avast also good.I am using avast its free and really good

gameranand

Living to Play
I've used Avira, Comodo and Malwarebytes Antimalware trio for a long time but stopped using any security apps at-all from sept. - using only my wits ;-)

I tried it but somehow some autorun.inf will ruin the life and as I didn't had much problem with RAM so I thought, the hell with it. I'm gonna use a AV. :D:D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ this is what you're looking for :
*www.microsoft.com/security/portal/definitions/howtomse.aspx

I tried it but somehow some autorun.inf will ruin the life and as I didn't had much problem with RAM so I thought, the hell with it. I'm gonna use a AV. :D:D

it's the annoying features of these security products that made me decide not to use them .. at-times they just try to be over smart and as long as downloads come from trusted sources ;-) I can't see no harm in this though I always use the most recent version of Browser and browser plugins and any other apps which needs online access to be free from any exploits.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
I have entrusted Win8's essential for all my protection. Now if it protects me, well and good. Otherwise I am gonna live with it :(

Btw, I had KIS on my win7 *ahem* version though and it was awesome. :)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hi Guys,

Any best free internet security software? Can you recommend a paid software,if freeware not ADVISABLE? Can you provide the link on this?

u'll get more idea from the Antivirus thread.

Free: Avira
Paid: Bitdefender 2013 Internet Security (it's costlier than Kaspersky but way better in paid version)

tkin

Back to school!!
Avast+Comodo firewall+MBAM, this is the ultimate security anyone could go for, plus all of it is free.