formated C:. after that, no Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobileman

In the zone
dear experts,
i m using P4 2.3. (Mother Board=ASHROK) onboard Display and Sound Card. done 4 partition. due to virus problem, i have formatted C: and installed Win XP with bootup disc. bt afterwards, NO SOUND.

pls,i m in urgent, be kind to give solution

thanks in advance

waiting wt lov

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
First of all did you install Windows XP Service Pack 2 ? It is a must for playing sounds and Video.

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
not exactly...the basic drivers were integrated with the original XP installation itself.

@mobileman: check in the device manager.it's most probably a driver conflict.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
hmm didnt know that, thnx for correcting me :)

but i had problems when using XP Pro (non SP2), windows audio did not work & Audio drivers (frm HP site) refused to install (UAA error), but the original Realtek drivers got installed smoothly.

but anyways thnx:)

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
To Digital Brat and S18000rpm,

There are audio and video playback issues if Windows XP SP2 is not installed. This is because microsoft has bundled lot of compatible drivers with SP2. SP1 drivers are not fully compatible with most of the latest vendors. Hence 9 out of 10 people will experience audio and video playback problems with only SP1 installed. Hence it is essential to upgrade to SP2.

OP
M

mobileman

In the zone
Re:i have installed XP SP2, still no sound,

hi all,
thanks for responses. well i have installed SP2. still no sound. any one can do me a favor ?
tht,the sonund driver for p4 2.4 ashrok Mother Board, is having someone,pls do share.

thanking in advance

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
is your P4 2.4GHz a LGA775 socket one?

then go & look for you m/b model here *www.asrock.com/mb/index.asp?s=775

or if its Socket 478, then here - *www.asrock.com/mb/index.asp?s=478

OP
M

mobileman

In the zone
hi,
no,its Asrock Perscott 533. and P4i45GV. i have dwnloaded sound driver frm Asrock portel. while installation, its asking "cmuda.sys". i cant find this file,any where in my pc.
how can i rectify this?

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
mobileman said:
hi,
no,its Asrock Perscott 533. and P4i45GV. i have dwnloaded sound driver frm Asrock portel. while installation, its asking "cmuda.sys". i cant find this file,any where in my pc.
how can i rectify this?

cmuda.sys should be located at C:\Windows\System32\drivers...Can you find it?

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
mobileman said:
kiran,
i have checkd in System32. bt not there.

That means Sound Drivers are missing. You should install Sound Driver. Link given by S18000rpm is valid. You should be able to download it.

harikatt

In the zone
first of all disable the sound card from the cmos setting while at boot,, then boot to your windows xp normally and remove the audio devices if u found in your control pannel > system > from there devices ,,

then reboot,, cleanly,, again on the 3rd boot,, make the sound card active from disable state. one u boot this time wait and see,, the xp will automatically find the driver and may ask for the xp source CD,, then proceed,,

try this way,,, you may get succeed..

Status
Not open for further replies.